Energon Gestalts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Jun 30, 2011.

1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Okay, so I was fiddling with my Duststorm today, and was wondering if I should complete my Energon Aerialbots and Constructicons (Seven figures needed as I have two of the Aerialbots and one of the constructicons). Are the gestalts any good with out the fansproject add-ons?

2. cuters

cuters Diabolist

Classics Devastator is nice but i would like to see a FP upgrade for him.

3. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Okay, but I meant the original release of the molds:
    Steamhammer, Wide Load, Sledge, Bonecrusher and Dust Storm.

Nice to know that it's a good gestalt though. The cranes also have odd hand-claws if you detach the crane arm when they're plugged in (I had three of the combaticons as well, but Ebay'd them)

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They're all right, but the RiD line had much better combiners, in my opinion. For my money I would go with them, unless you've got a lot of the Energon line and want to add these guys in their combined form to the whole unit, or if you want them as a versus set. The RiD original molds are both Autobots, but Decepticon Constructicon repaints were released in the first Universe line.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I don't want to say that they're total crap, but the design and doubles of the same limb molds was somewhat lazy on H/T's part. But as with all things, the reasons for this were budgetary. Devastator is probably the best of the 3 Energon gestalts in its stock form. I prefer the Classics version because of the more uniform color scheme, though.

The FP add-ons really make a load of difference, but not everyone can afford or even cares for them. The DIY route is always a possibility too.

6. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should youtube a few of the reviews for them to tell for yourself but... I'll provide my 2 cents.

The problem with the sets honestly are that the official limb modes for some bots look sooo gooofy, there's 3 molds, not 5, per team... and the energon weapons fail to double as hands/feet quite badly.

You most likely should look into alternate limb modes for a few of them. For example the Dustorm mold makes a much better arm if he's left mostly untransformed, and the feet/driver portion is folded to make hands. The fighter jets can also modified to provide more articulation.

The Superion team, if you are lucky, can be found for 50$, but don't be surprised if you see sales/auctions at almost 100$. Don't be surprised if you can't find even an Energon Combaticon team for under 70$. The RotF redeco, due to the Fansproject addons, easily nets beyond $140 it seems (I sooo want this set, but keep seeing auctions end at 200). Constructicon Maximus varies.

Someone suggested this before... look up toy lots. If you get the individual guys from lots, they'll probably cost cheaper, and you'll get other toys along the way. Keep that option open.

7. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Thanks. I have Build King (NOT Landfill; the Takara edition), and have Midnight Express, But I don't think I'll be easily able to afford the other two on Ebay. Getting the remaining four constructicons and three aerialbots seems easier.

8. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Will do. I can sort the lots for anything good, sell the rest. Also, should I customize (read; paint) the teams once I get them?

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

If you want to customize them, go ahead.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It would also depend on which ones you have. For energon devy you can double the limbs to make it all green but since you already have a duststorm that's not the best option. You could double up on the aerialbots though. Word of warning, Superion's chest is the weakest out of the energon gestalts as far as stability.

11. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like them. Superion is the weakest of the three though IMO. His chest isn't very solid because it is held together by one peg, and he has the weakest looking hands.

12. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Repainting would be cool. None of the Aerial teams resemble their G1 selves in either Energon or RotF releases... The Combaticons' RotF reissue have pretty accurate G1 paints, minus the fact that there's two tanks and copters. The Walmart Devy has G1 styled colors.

Personally I had thought about the possibility of modding the Aerial team a bit... but avoiding changes that prevent the FP addons from working or worse yet the Gestalt version not being formable.

13. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

i have an extra constructicon maximus with steamhammer, 2 duststorm limbs (blue), and 2 sledge limbs (green). If you're interested PM me and I'll take pics for you.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    They're not bad, not the greatest TF toys out there but there are far worse ones. They look cool displayed together.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah the Construction ones are the best of the Bunch.

16. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Agreed, I'll take them over RID Landfill any day.

17. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Forget any and all of the future redecoes and the implied G1-ness forced onto them and they're not completely bad toys. Far better individual toys than combiners though. But by all means complete the sets.

18. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

Not sure if it helps you, but here are acouple of threads of what I did with my Devastator and showing off Bruticus Maximus with the Junkion Blacksmith Infinity Warfare set. In a day or so, I'll be posting what I've done with Superion Maximus, JB IW set, and a Crossover Hulk.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/395441-junkion-blacksmith-devastator-mods.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/396603-poor-mans-bruticus-upgrade.html

Also worthy of notice is Process' Superion Maximus abdomin filler, it FIXES the flopiness issue. I got the Version 4 that has both the Alt. mode usage and forward leg movement.
    Here's the link:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/319026-e-u-rotf-superion-abdomen-filler.html

19. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Devastator is great. the others....not so much.

20. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot