Energon Downshift

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by My03Tundra, Oct 7, 2006.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Going through my loose Transformers awhile back, I managed to find my complete Energon Downshift. Initially, when I found him, he was loose in a big garbage bag with a ton of other items and figures. I looked and managed to find all of his parts. For a moment, it was like getting a new Transformer.

Energon Downshift (or Classics Wheeljack) as I like to refer to him definitely was meant to be Wheeljack. It is apparent in his predominantly white with red and green race car mode. He has a sleek, yet angular look that Wheeljack had.

Transformation isn't too bad, and rather straight forward. In robot mode the Wheeljack homage doesn't end. The face is invariably Wheeljack as is the overall arm design. You have the wheels on the upper arms, and car mode kibble on the forearms. The legs are unique, though, and look good.

The whole gimmick with the Energon line was the "Spark of Combination." It was a pretty decent gimmick and my favorite one after having none at all. Like most Deluxe Energon figures Downshift could form the "shirt" or the "pants." In "pants" mode Downshift would be a pair of grandpa high rise pants. He doesn't work near as well in "pants" mode as he does "shirt." In "shirt" mode Downshift has points for mounting a TON of Energon weapons making him one formidable "shirt" to wear.

Overall Energon Downshift is an excellent figure with no complaints and comes recommended.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, he's one of my personal likes from Energon. He's streets ahead of some of his fellow Autobots from that line.

3. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i thought he was decent, but hated how he couldn't hold his guns 'right' because of there oddly designed handles and the stupid "knee hips" that him and E Hot Shot had drove me nuts. his car mode is kind of 'Cartoonish' too, compared to the Cyb designs.

He is a good display piece though, i might have to drag him back out to hang with my Classics...