Energon Combiner swapping?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SharkyMcShark, Dec 22, 2006.

1. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Well, its christmas, so Im considering treating myself to some nostalagia in energon (read: "MUM ITS XMAS CAN I HAVE THESE PLEASE??!!") Anyway all of the online retailers iv checked dont have a full set of aerialbots, which were the Energon combiners I wanted. So I was wondering is it possible to swap limbs around G1 scramble city style? And If so does it end up a little gimpy (ie short legged or gorilla armed?)

If swapping is able which Deluxe body would you recomend (StormJet or Barricade, as Im going for an 'army' combiner (aerialbots and combatcons))

Thanks in advance

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Yes, they can be swapped. All the limbs are exactly the same length, so no "gimpy".

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    yeah. I personally decided to make a Frankensteiner cos I didnt want to have repaints. I've got Barricade for the torso, the digger guy and the helicopter for the arms, and the crane and the bomber for the legs. I still kinda want the tank and the jet so I can test other combinations, but I'm pleased with what I've got.

4. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yes all the energon combiner limbs can be swapped for each other, it how the club exclusive combiners going to work.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Go for Barricade for body, Storm Jet is reputed to be really floppy.

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Storm Jet's not unsalvageable, though. You just need to tighten his hips, and put a dab of superglue in the chest peg, and then he's sturdy as all heck as a torso. And even if the torso slips out of the peg, if you've got him transformed right, it's not going to cause more than a 5 degree slump in his posture.