Energon Bruticus VS. ROTF Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dr. Prime, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone tried the Crossfire and Munitioner add-ons with Energon version of Bruticus? Does anyone have thoughts on this and if you have tried it, can you post pics for us to see how it looks? I just wondered because I am not spending $90 for a ROTF Bruticus if it looks good on the other version. Thanks!

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

IMO I dont think the colors are to nice at all for Energon Bruticus.
    I think the ROTF color scheme leans more towards a military aspect color. The energon onslaughts bright blue, Vortexes Purple and Brawls Bright green just dose not say Military to me.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

[​IMG]

I like it just fine.

4. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks Megatronwp38!! Yeah, it looks good enough for me too. It isn't exactly Bruticus colors but it I think it looks good.

5. g1_fanatic

g1_fanatic Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm going to have to go with this setup too as I only have Energon Onslaught right now but getting a couple limbs from a fellow TFW'er. Who knows, I was thinking of maybe flat blacking Onslaught and the other two limbs when I receive them. I'll see if my brother could air brush them for me as I will leave him combined at all times.
    Also, I'm hoping that the Bruticus set gets re-released again as I do not want to fork a lot of money for the ROTF Bruticus set that it's going for right now. My wish is that Walmart have a Black Friday of a Bruticus set this year. :D 
    I know, wishful thinking but it could happen and I could see more darker colors for this guy too. :D ream:

6. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought the RotF set, but when I put it together with my energon set, I was happy with it. In a realistic sense, no, its not accurate per se. However, I felt that it was closer to a G1 color scheme with Onslaught's blue. I think I would have preferred the Brawl from the RotF set due its so not-so-bright green/olive color, but I'm not going to complain for now. I might pick up Brawl from a loose auction one day (where I'm sure it'll show up), but I'm happy.

7. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

I'm happy I have the Universe Bruticus Maximus, just looks that bit more mature to me even though Onslaught isn't accurate. I do have two Energon Barricades as well, so I can swap at my leisure.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you should really checkout the feedback thread, all your questions will be answered.

9. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the tip! Sorry, I didn't think to look there first.

10. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'd take any set I could find for a decent price.

There's been a shit-ton of Bruticus pictures on this site since the add-ons have been out and I actually think I like the different colors that some of these older sets have.

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

No Problem, as you can see I used Energon Superion Maximuis as well, since I actually like the more vibrant colors to the duller ROTF colors.