Energon Bruticus seeing re-release as Asia exclusive

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Star Saber, Sep 18, 2012.

1. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

Tweaked the digibashes a bit further. Played around with the hands, shoulders, crotchplate, and feet.

[​IMG]

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Although i'm going to end up with the reissues........i'm very much inclined to say i prefer the original overall.

3. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I preordered the rerelease everything for this guy. His new color scheme is totally winning me over.

4. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm so confused by all this stuff. I want this guy, but I don't know what to buy. The new crossfire g1 colors says it goes with the Asia release, but those colors won't match? Isn't the Energon release the g1 colors. But I like the rotf colors, but then I'd have to get the original FP release which is almost twice the cost of the g1 colors.

This is really confusing and annoying.

5. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Energon is G1-ish, but the latest one is even more G1. Color-wise.

6. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the new crossfire set was made specifically for the Asia release colors?

Will it work with the rotf Bruticus, because it seems like I can get one of those loose for cheaper than this Asia release. I want this I just don't know that I $260 want it.

Sorry for the whining.. I just can't keep track of the colors and add ons and repaints and such. It makes my head spin and then I get angry :) 

7. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Basically---yes to everything. The only real question is just how well the new release will match any of the previous releases. The colors of the actual combiner bits (feet, hands, etc) are still unknown for the newest release of the Crossfire set. The combiner bits are a more important aspect for "matching" than the bots themselves, mainly due to Onslaught's coloration.

The original release of the Crossfire set has rather "beige" combiner bits to match ROTF Onslaught. However, G1 Onslaught, Energon Barricade, and the new Asia release of Barricade/Onslaught, all have mainly silver "combiner bits and accents". Presumably the new Crossfire bits will be mainly silver as well (otherwise it really won't look right).

Personally, I hope they don't try to match Onslaught's dark teal blue color anywhere, as that'd be very tough to match exactly and would then not work well for the original Energon release and not at all for ROTF. While mainly silver and black everywhere works for everything. (the original Crossfire release had a decent amount of warm dark grey bits, to match ROTF Onslaught's warm dark grey bits)

PS---you may want to try to acquire the Energon version of the mold---as it's roughly G1 colored, even cheaper last I checked, and should match the new release of Crossfire better than the ROTF one. And you only need 3 loose, incomplete figures that way (whereas ROTF Bruticus is almost always sold as all 5 with all parts)

8. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for all the info David H.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for a good deal on the energon bruticus, but I'm thinking if the Asia release doesn't sell out too quickly I will just get that. I know I am not spending $200 on explorer and munitioner, so the new set for $139 is the only way to go. With that not coming out until January, if I can get the Asia release in a few months for retail, I'll probably go that route unless I find a really good deal on Energon.

Would love to just buy a completed Colossus and save the hassle, but they are all $499+.... Blech.