Energon and Machine Wars didn't get any lovin'

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot Nuva, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    So far as I can tell, every American TF series (movie line, Gobots and 1-2-3's excluded) got a figure in some way, shape or form in the Universe 2.0 line, EXCEPT Machine Wars and Energon.

So if Hasbro did do items for these lines, what would you guys want?

I'd settle for an exclusive Terrorcon 3-pack with the three Superlink exclusive redecos America never got for Energon.
    Insecticon Forest Repaint Dinobot Magma Repaint Divebomb Blackout Repaint.

For Machine Wars, I dunno, maybe a Universe 3.0 (if it ever happens post ROTF) new mold of Machine Wars Starscream. Hasbro could get their repaint potential out of it by repainting it into Universe 1.0 King Atlas and G1 Skyquake

2. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Doing just a repaint for MW, there were some options:

The next TRU Ultra exclusives could have both been nice MW homages: make Soundwave instead of Countdown or Starscream instead of Darkwing.

The MW basic jets seem to be done with, but if the F1/wrecker molds are still usable they could have released a 2pack as a deluxe.

Probably not too attractive, but they could have released the modified version of the mold used as Universe Whirl in MW Sandstorm's colors.

More attractive I'd guess would be to release "Universe Menasor"... the scrapped Decepticon repaint of Thunderclash/MW OP.

For Energon, if there were more time, could have released the new Hot Shot in "Energon Energon Hot Shot" colors. That 3-pack would have been cool. Or to pay homage to Energon's main gimmick, could have released a voyager 2-pack of deluxe Autobots a la Checkpoint/Prowl. Perhaps Inferno in a Hot Spot color scheme and Towline in a G2 First Aid color scheme.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    no alts either.

4. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

G2 didn't get any love either :cry  That's why there's kitbashing :c

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Inferno's G2.

6. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Nothing from Cybertron besides using the molds to represent even older characters. Nothing new to represent characters from that specific series, though. And the reason why is because it was too recent, which I would also apply to Energon.

Machine Wars and Alternators never really had any media support, so I'm guessing that's why they haven't been included. Not to mention the fact that Alternators was basically an homage line itself.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing Legends of some of the Alternator molds with simplified transformations but retaining the realistic (and licensed) car modes.

8. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd settle for Robot Heroes from those series. I know some kind of full on new version of whatever characters would be cooler, but man, I still love those little guys.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Universe Overload is actually supposed to be Armada Overload during Cybertron, and is marked as such.

10. underwear-ninja

I don't have that figure, but just by looking at it I don't consider it to be part of G2. The gun is probably just supposed to represent his trademark extinguisher rifle. Does the packaging on the back state its G2?

Either way, I'd like to see some Universe figures of G2 exclusive characters :c

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yes, it's labelled as G2, and that's why there's no ladder on it.

12. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, it does. The back of the package, above his bio, says "G2 Series".

Personally I think they should have done something more for RiD than a Cybertron Scourge repaint.

There unfortunately won't ever be figures in Universe 2.0/25th Anniversary to support Energon or Machine Wars, because apparently putting out toys for a new movie is so important, (yeah, yeah, money blah blah blah...) that they can neglect their 25th Anniversary.

13. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

Actually, the Sam's Club exclusive 5-pack that came out around Christmas is a Cybertron homage in Universe packaging.

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think a new Jet megatron would be cool but if they were only limited to repaints a machine wars Prime coloured classics Prime toy would be cool.

As for Energon I'd say just release Landmine, Bulk Head, Mirage or that Voyager Galvatron since they are all still very nice toys just give them a premium quality paint job.

I'd like to see something cool done for RiD but I dont think we will ever see the train team sold as a gift set ever again. So maybe take the Side Swipe toy and repaint it into a spy changer? maybe make the car parts transparant to represent those repaints they got later on?

now as for the Japanese stuff well that's a long list but I'd just like to see those Japanese exclusive toys sold in universe packing like with the Hell Scream and Nemesis Prime (big convoy) toys in the first universe line.

15. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Energon I can understand the need for homages, but Machine Wars?

It was a KB toys exclusive line, consisting solely of repaints. It's like asking why the WalMart exclusive Dinobots aren't receiving any attention.

16. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I recall the Machine Wars logo being present with a bunch of other series logos in one of those Hasbro panel slide shows for the 25th anniversary.

For Cybertron, we got-
    Prime/Crumplezone reissue from Costco
    4 Armada retools reissues/Repainted Bendy Prime from Sam's Club
    Vector Prime/Safeguard
    Overlaod

Cybertron was too recent to have new molds. And there was no way we'd get licensed figures in a side line like Universe ala Alternators OR the Movie so those were always out.

EDIT- No, Machine Wars wasn't on there, Energon was though-
    [​IMG]

17. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They could probably repaint Mirage into Machine Wars Mirage & RiD Skid-Z. Not sure what they'd do for Energon, maybe repaint Ravage into Battle Ravage. I'm still kinda irritated nobody seems willing to do G2 Ramjet though (big hint for the FP guys or whoever!)...

+-MWG-+

18. underwear-ninja

Really? That's pretty dissapointing for a G2 Universe character :c someday Shattered Glass Sideswipe will be mine~ *sigh*

19. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=7638

I believe he qualifies more than Overload.
    Beast Machines seems to have a lack of a representive as well.

I wonder why there is no Voyager in wave 6 or Ultra in Universe wave 5/6.

20. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Because it's labelled G2 is why there's no ladder?? :sly2: 

G2 Inferno had a ladder.

There's no ladder because the designed Universe Inferno after a water pump fire truck and not a hook and ladder fire truck.