Energon AMV

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Alpha Prime, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

2. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Sorry, but that video was pretty subpar.

1. Using video with subtitles and/or logos.

2. Bad choice of song (overused alternative junk)

3. Bad editing.

4. Using YouTube as the distribution method.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Youtube is great in most cases, and before you knock someone's work I would like to see you do better.

Nice video! I like that song.

4. Alpha Prime

thanks, ILoveDinobot.

5. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    If someone can't take criticism, then they shouldn't make their work public. And how typical of people "Well lets see YOU do better", I can judge whatever I want without having to "prove myself worthy".

6. Alpha Prime

dear MagiRanger,
    OK. DUDE. Where the hell do you watch AMVs besides youtube? Have you ever made a AMV? Have you ever tried to make one? What are you compairing it too? Compaired to most of the TF AMVs i've saw, it was pretty damn good. What song do you think i should have put with it? "Hit me baby one more time"?

Dude i know you have had a problems with flames here; i've seen them before. So dude if you can say ANYTHING at all nice, STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Gouki: 

7. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    All I was doing was giving my opinion along with some pointers to help you in the future. If you want to distribute your AMV, try using a service like Rapidshare.

I don't make AMVs due to severe laziness and as for a song, thats something you have to try out with a video, you just can't choose a song off the bat.

If you can't accept criticism, then you made a BIG mistake making your work public.

8. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    double post

9. Alpha Prime

Yet again what song do u think i should have used?
    And what tf AMV do u think is superior to mine?
    Where was there bad editing?

10. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

All you cats be diggin some, Sum 41...

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

magiranger sounds pretty petty. i liked it

12. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hell Song wasn't the greatest choice for the video....

But I loved it!

AWESOME!

13. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay man, I have to say it's good for a first try.

My crits:

1. As others have said, the song doesn't really seem to scream a Theme of Transformers or a major end all battle... but that's my perception. This is your vision for a music video, so if this is what you want to play audio wise, then you need to make others think it as well.. sell the song with the video. That said:

2. The video didn't mesh up with the song as well as it could have. It seemed like all you did was play the video to the song, without splicing it much. That being said, in the next one you make, try to sync up movements and mouths of the characters to lyrics if possible, this would help a lot with seeming to sell the song.

3. The voice overs in the Begining and Ending of the music video. It's a great concept, and can be an excellent tool, but it didn't work out too well this time. This takes a bit of trial and error to get right, and can be a great tool when done properly.

All in all though, it seems sub-par, but I have seen a lot worse.

For references of really amazing work in TF AMVs, I suggest trying to find some of Jux's old stuff if at all possible. Also there are some great AMV groups out there that you can use for refernce.. I think Aluminum Studios who used to do Anime AMVs are really great, though I think they closed down a few years back.

As for What MagiRanger said about the Distribution, I can understand that it's free.. but the quality tends to drop when people use YouTube. I'm from the "generation" so to speak of people that used to DL AMV's on 28.8 and find them on old School Geocities... There's a lot of Crap on YouTube.. honestly speaking.... So sometimes to have it on another place to Download that will allow a better video quality to show your work off. Also about the logos.. not somethng that can be easily taken care of.. only thing I can suggest is it to look for the old RAW japanese versions on DVD or online somewhere... it can be a pain and arduous, bot in the end it helps prevent a distraction.

As I said before though man, this is good for a first work, so use it as a stepping point and go forward, and try to take the crits as good tips to use to make even better ones in the future that we can enjoy. :) 

14. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

^^Now, that's what I call constructive criticism.

15. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks fschuler....

Honestly, I wish someone would have told me half of that when I had started to make AMVs.... It's a lot of hard work, and I can appreciate people who actually try to put some effort into their work instead of just slapping a scene from a movie to a random song and thinking it's art. That's like someone trying to be a modern Pollack and trying to pass an accident with a plate of spaghetti as Modernistic Impressionist Art.

If Alpha Prime is going to put the effort that he seems to be putting into it, I'm going to at least give him the courtesy to put some effort into my suggestive points. :) 

But DAMN... that's got to be the longest post I've ever had on these boards in my life. *LOL*

16. Alpha Prime

Thanks for all the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, Lupis Convoy.

17. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Next time i'll just call your video shit and get it over with, that better?

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That was pretty good. I personally would of picked a different song, but that wasn't that bad. If given the proper software and amount of time, I could make something like that. Nice work on it. Peace out.

Edit: MagiRanger, don't take this personally, but calm down. It's just a video, nothing to get mad over, and the criticism thing works the other way. "If you can't handle the criticism from other members on here, than you shouldn't post on here" could be something said. I've let stuff said on here get to me, and it isn't worth arguing over in the end. Peace out.

Edit: I do have one suggestiong to make. When the music stops, it's really hard to hear what Galvatron is saying. Depending on what software you are using, you could make that part of the audio louder there. Peace out.

19. Alpha Prime

No, thats not helping either. You pretty much stated what was wrong with not suggestions in your first post. That's not constructive, or helpful. It's called being an ass.

Give suggestions on how to make it better; not solely on how poorly the person did, otherwise they won't know how to make it better. And if there is nothing positive in the "comment", your opinion is normally ignored. Take some lessons from Lupis Convoy's post.

20. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    So telling you not to use YouTube and non-raw footage isn't constructive, its being an ass? Lupis Convoy practically said the same stuff I did, he just said it in a more positive way and with more suggestions.

You were the one getting all offended over my opinion about the video.