Enduring Bios

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wollstone, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Endearing Bios

Have you ever bought an obscure or otherwise forgettable figure because you just happened to read it's bio one day and fell in love with the character?

That happened to me a couple of days ago. I saw the ROTF Road Rival Showdown two-pack at Wal-Mart on sale. It wasn't the first time I had ever seen the set before, I just ignored it because of I didn't care about those molds or the characters.

Since it was on sale I gave it look and started reading Deadlift's bio. He's the Decepticon equivalent of a funeral home manager. He smelts down dead Transformers so that they can be repurposed and he transforms into a forklift.

Something about that just won me over and I bought the set just for him.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I was debating whether to buy Universe Blades... the colors looked nice, but I already owned the mold as Springer. And then Botcon Streetwise came out, and I felt more compelled to buy him, but the main thing that sold me on him was his bio. I never paid attention to the Protectobots, but after finding out Blades is a sadistic thug working in a rescue squad, I thought that was pretty awesome.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I just looked him up after reading your post... now I kind of love him too. lol

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Samesies. What's wrong with us?

The right bio can sell me on a figure, and the wrong (usually, boring) one can turn me off.

5. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As much as I like TF fiction, I barely ever bother reading the bios.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    They aren't really obscure characters, but I think TF1 deluxe Bonecrusher and Universe 2.0 Hot Shot's bios are incredibly epic.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    BW Injector. I passed on him for so long because let's face it - he's one BUTT ugly toy. But after reading his bio and discovering that he is utterly oblivious to this and considers himself to be the best looking bot ever, I HAD to buy him.

8. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Speaking of Fuzors....

I remember this happening with BW Sky Shadow. The fact that he's a devious two-faced politician, just made me have to have him.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    G1 Repugnus , his bio saying he is willing to do the dirty things wars involves no other autobot is willing to do sold me on getting him. That and his getting kicked out of the autobots repeatedly just be to be asked back when they need him made me lol.

10. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I loved Repugnus profile in the Dreamwave MTMTE book.

On topic: Actionmaster Kick Off

"Trained as a gladiator in the grease pits of Polyhex while a Decepticon captive on Cybertron."

Growing up on the Marvel UK comics and seeing Polyhex mentioned in the tech specs intrigued me no end. It meant Hasbro were paying attention to my beloved TF comics.

The idea of a former Autobot gladiator wanting revenge on his Decepticon captors is cool no matter age you are.

I thought he looked cool anyway but the tech specs really sold him to me.

Nice to see Misters Roberts and Roche liked him too when they had him appear in Last Stand of the Wreckers.

I normally don't like badass, overly violent 'heroes' but the Autobot ones do speak to me. I love Kick Off, Blades, Repugnus and Sunstreaker because of their MTMTE profiles.

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Me too. In fact, I'd say I never read the bios. It's cool to learn about the personalities of the characters though.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Surprised no one brought up Cybertron Shortround. I mean a Transformers nerd that collect Transformers toys. He wins this thread.

Other bios i like was Animated Blitzwing as he's mentally insane and the Recon Ironhide and Bludgeon rivalry going on in the Jungle.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Every once in awhile I'll read an amuising bio but it's never made buy a toy because of it or vice versa. Actually for the most part I ignore the bios completely and give the toys my own characterization. I have more fun that way.