"End of the Road!" Autobot casualties

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by OriginalScream, May 8, 2010.

1. OriginalScream

OriginalScream Well-Known Member

Sorry if I can't upload the exact image, yet, but there's a large panel in the comic "End of the Road!" just above the one where Bludgeon kills Siren.

This panel in particular shows a group of Decepticons observing the wreckage of dead or dying Autobots.

I'm just trying to figure out which ones are which.

The bottom (left to right) -

There's a jet which looks similar to Silverbolt, a fire truck probably meant to be Inferno, and a fighter jet, probably meant to be one of the Aerialbots, but I don't know which.

The middle (left to right) -

After Stranglehold threatening a group of Klozians, there's a wrecked dune buggy that looks similar to Slapdash

The top (left to right) -

After Bludgeon, Battletrap is standing over a robot that looks sort of like Bumblebee.

After that Snapdragon is kicking a head away from a car I'm told is Nightbeat.

After that a Decepticon is standing over an upside car that looks like Sunstreaker.

And finally, a Decepticon I assume to be Horri-Bull is standing next to a wrecked Autobot vehicle mode, no idea who it is.

I'm just trying to find out which Autobots are which in that scene. Can any of you help?

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2010
  2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    you're not supposed to link to comic scans.

3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    4. Do Not Sell, Share, Link To, Offer Or Ask For Copyrighted Materials
    This includes movies, music, games, roms, comics, programs, etc.

Also, bumping this over the Comic Book Discussion.

4. OriginalScream

Sorry, I didn't know.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    You've identified all of the identifiable Autobots, I'm afraid. With the relatively murky printing of those days, and Nel Yomtov's penchant to colour things in one colour, it's rather difficult to tell who some of those are.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I think it's okay to post one image, just not the whole comic. I would like to see this image but can't unless someone scans it in.

7. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Happens alot over here in the COMICS forum. I'll parrot what Wreckgar said and agree that I'm pretty sure it's fine if it's only one panel/page. But uploading the whole comic would be a no-no.

8. OriginalScream

I wasn't trying to upload the whole comic, just that one panel.

I think the other damaged Aerialbot is most likely Air Raid. I still don't know who the robot Battletrap is standing over is. I can't decide if it's Bumblebee, Jazz or Ironhide.

9. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Snarl,his fin/tail pieces are laying around him.

10. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    I think the firetruck was meant to be Hosehead, not Inferno.

11. OriginalScream

No, Hosehead died in the battle with Unicron. And Inferno is shown to be resurrected by the Last Autobot.

12. OriginalScream

I think I might have identified the last of the Autobots.

In between Battletrap and Snapdragon is the torso and upper arms of an Autobot. After some research, I think this Autobot is most likely Gears, because it looks a lot like his back. Or, based on flashbacks, it could be Skids, which would make a bit more sense

This particular torso has the wheels propped on the shoulders the way Gears' toy, Skids and Beachcomber do, and I did consider the latter as a suspect.

The Autobot whom Horri-Bull is standing over looks closest to Blurr's alt. mode, so it may be him, though the front seems a bit short.

And, just before Bludgeon orders a retreat, the Last Autobot is standing over four Autobots, among them Hot Rod, what looks like Wreck-Gar's toy model (bit difficult since he never appeared in the US comic continuity), someone who looks like either Tracks (without the wings) or Wheeljack, and what looks like Sludge.

If you wonder why I guess they would bring Gears back at this late stage, maybe it was a bit of nostalgia from his early team up with Spiderman, or maybe it fits into the same category as why Red Alert and Inferno weren't introduced with the other 1985 Autobot cars, or why so many characters like the combiners not offlined by Starscream and so many other 1984/1985 characters never appeared again.

Sorry if that didn't make much sense, but it's just my idea based on what I've seen.

EDIT: It would make sense if two of the Autobots were Skids and Tracks. Skids was shown to be part of Grimlock's Nucleon-revived reinforcements in 'On the Edge of Extinction', which resembles the lineup of the Earthforce, which Tracks was part of.