End of the line. Not end of the world.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by videriant, Mar 21, 2011.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

End of the world? Of course, it's the end of the world. I can't find muh toys. What else could that mean, but the end of the world.

It's strange though, stores did a pretty good job of putting the first movie on clearance after all the ado about the died out. No so much with ROTF stuff. I'm really surprised it's stuck for so long, then so has the Iron Man stuff. It really feels like toy departments just want to sit on their toy stock now, and hope that it'll eventually move. Toys are already a loss leader, so why put in effort into maintaining them beyond those ridiculous resets that are meant to fool customers into thinking old items are somehow now "new." The outlook for the boys' corner of the toy department at retailer is not looking pretty at this moment.

It's also symptomatic of a trend we're seeing for all major action figure lines. Both G.I.Joe and Marvel Universe , when at WMS, follow the pattern of being over-ordered on initial/introduction into a new store waves, then never being restocked before hitting the clearance aisle, never to be seen at certain WMs. While Target doesn't get rid of the lines themselves, they've become especially horrid about restocking even when the pegs are empty. And don't get me started on DCUC, finding new product is the proverbial needle-in-the-haystack.

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RTS is a filler subline. It's part of the same subline that HFTD is.

EDIT: I also put 2011 in question marks because we never know what is end-of-the-line until after the fact but you can see the trend in the dates.

3. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I'm starting to wonder if the US isn't going to end up getting Windcharger and Rumble repacked under the DOTM lable.

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:

I really hate those bastards at Hasbro...

5. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't blame Hasbro. Toys R Us was the only store willing to continue taking Animated and even then only deluxes Arcee, Cyb Ratchet, Hot Rod, Ironhide.

6. Sideways77

News Credits:
    Then why isn't TC, Blackout, Jetpack BB, Wingblade OP, and all those deluxe repaints TRU exclusives?

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Because Hasbro can't force a retailer to sell something. They were lucky to convince TRU to sell the four that they did.

8. Sideways77

News Credits:
    I thought TRU was willing to sell Animated?

9. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry. I meant TRU was only willing to take deluxes because those are easier to move then voyagers.

What I'm more worried about is that we haven't received any news about a Japanese Animated Thundercracker. Did animated not go over enough over there?

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    They could of release the rest under Generations. Like the stores would really know its Animated figures. Most cant even tell the a figure is in a different box or package in returns.