End of a quest.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grimlock1972, Feb 13, 2012.

1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Finally today my Energon Omega Supreme arrived bring a successful conclusion to a quest that began back in 2007 when I was just a lurker here, that's when i first beheld Omega Supreme and knew i had to possess on my self.

I have had many chances to get one sooner but various things caused me to hold off. most often it was a combination of bad timing and lack of funds.

other times it was that the only ones I could find on sale at the websites I shop from were incomplete. Missing the head was the issue. The fact that i do not Ebay added to the difficulty. the final thing that delayed me until now was that the ones I could find of late were on Amazon and well over priced for my budget.

Finally luck was with me and an Omega Supreme came available on Transformerland that was both complete and affordable and i had to sweat it out for a few days until I got paid but i was able to get it.

Thanks to Transformerland. anyways anyone else got a figure that for various reasons eluded them for years despite not being overly rare?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You still need to get the Japanese version, the repaints, and the miniature knockoff version.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Damn it man why do you curse me so! :lolol 

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It never ends.

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Well, I don't know if this counts (I don't know about his rarity), but I finally received a Classics Skywarp after just barely missing him in retail back in 2006/2007. I got started with a few Classics toys, and after learning more about the characters, found myself liking the Seekers. Of course, step by step the remaining Seekers were released, with no sign of a rerelease of Skywarp. As the price climbed higher and higher, I found it difficult to justify paying that much, even though I desired him that bad.

Last month, a friend of mine who makes a lot more money than she ever can envision herself spending asked me for ideas for what I wanted for a combo birthday/Christmas present. I offhandedly mentioned Skywarp, and even found a decently low auction for him on eBay. She had intended to watch it, but instead accidentally clicked the Buy It Now option. The funny thing is, she decided she had enough money to just go through with the purchase, and now I finally have all six of the modern-style G1 Seekers.

6. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wanted MP 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime (first, battle damaged version) ever since I saw him for the first time back in 2004. Non of the toy stores had Transformers in my area and I couldn't get him online. We didn't have the credit cards that could be used for shopping online yet. Finally I got my hands on one about a year ago. It was my greatest TF purchase to date.