End of 3rd party products? Ban on hasbro?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot78, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    ok i have heard lots of things lately about hasbro and its actions taken to eliminate kos' and 3rd party products. i would like to know what is true and what isnt,
    now i do know that fan art was banned temporarliy which is very disturbing but then that decision was reversed.
    but whats this about no more reprolabels? hasbro wont let us fix up our old collectables? is there any truth to this?
    what about online stores being told they have so long to sell out the 3rd party ko stuff and fullfill current preorders but no longer sell 3rd party products or add ons of any kind in the future nor add any new preorders for new 3rd party products?
    whats this about people banning hasbro?
    One last question whats this about you cant bring or sell transformers from any other year but 2012 or they can take it? i believe the example was if you brought your fort max hasbro could and would take it. i have more questions but lets see if i can get these answered without to many of snobby replies (my sources dont matter the truth matters, just looking for it) as i do feel this is a serious concern for many collectors. the possible end of all 3rd party products.

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Literally the only thing that has happened thus far is that Hasbro has banned the sale of 3rd party toys at Botcon 2012. This ban was briefly extended to the sale of fan art, being that it is also infringement of Hasbro IP for profit, but being a huge part of the convention experience with decades of precedent, the ban has been scaled back to allow it after all. Any dealer attempting to breach these rules by selling third party toys at the convention may potentially have their stock confiscated. That's all - there have been no moves that we are aware of made on online stores, on Reprolabels, or threats to confiscate anything that's not a third party toy.

3. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    so the sale of transformers from different eras as long as they are official will be ok? like i can buy a g1 toy from a dealer there?

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes.

5. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

it would be a shame if 3rd party went away..they are single handedly w/o a doubt the best thing in transformers right now..and have been for a number of years..if they went away as a result of a hasbro crack down i could see myself buying a hell of a lot less bots as a result..if this happens the 3rd parties should get together and just have their own CON

6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    imo there is sod all they can do!

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ed-botcon-2012-fan-art-now-allowed-again.html

Already been discussed to death and back here. I suggest reading through the thread, the truth comes out in the pages.

But generally:

No unofficial reproductions allowed, including Reprolabels.
    No third party products or other products infringing on Hasbro's IP allowed.
    Nothing has been said about online stores, yet.
    Anything official or licensed is fine, you won't get busted for selling a Fort Max.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.