Encore Twincast by Mitchsantona

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by mitchsantona, Apr 2, 2012.

1. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Not much to add, but for those of you who feel watching video reviews is like going to that spoiled kid's birthday party where they get all *you* want and keep rubbing the box on your face and never open it, just to torture you, here are some pics:

[​IMG]

Let me tell you one thing: Blaster from the Marvel Comics is one of my favorite characters. He was the third Transformers toy I bought, after Shockwave and Prime. So, you'll probably understand how disappointed I was when I watched Headmasters, and saw Twincast. Holy crap, what a stupid character. Not only that, but his rivalry with Soundwave *just because they turn into tapedecks* is ridiculous! That's right out of a 3rd grade fan fiction! It's pointless! It was already childish in the 86 movie, it's... well, needless to say I never had interest in this character or his toy.

But, recently I got from CD Universe my Headmasters DVD, and went to watch it over again. While I still believe the characters are weak, the nostalgia effect came back to me big time, and as I looked at my G1 shelf I just noticed this HUGE hole regarding the Headmasters era. So I went after the missing figures, and all of a sudden Twincast gets reissued. With an anime accurate face. Awesome. Not very expensive (considering I have to import pretty much *everything*), comes with two new tapes, okay, done deal!

[​IMG]

The toy is awesome. Now that I have him in my hands, I can say that it's a great item, and I have no regrets. Transformation is smooth, and the plastic has a distinct quality to it, more flexible, I don't know. The blue on him is gorgeous, you can almost forgive the red rifle.

[​IMG]

He's pretty much the same. Let the purists find the mold changes, this is the definitive Twincast, period. I don't know about the TFC Blaster reissue, but my original feels *very* brittle compared to Twincast, and I was afraid of transforming him for this photoset (no Blaster was hurt during this production). Although, I must admit, I'm a brute handling my toys, and it's a great thing that Twincast was made with people like me in mind.

[​IMG]

I have to say, I *love* parts that pop out. Yes, because it means I didn't break the toy. This one pops out all the time, and it's my fault. i just put it back and be glad.

[​IMG]

Detail on his face.

3. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

More comparision shots:

[​IMG]

The autobot symbol on him is tampoed, as in pretty much all encores I've seen so far. This one turned out bad in my opinion, so I'm probably putting a sticker over it.

[​IMG]

More tampos. Twincast did *not* come with a sticket sheet.

[​IMG]

The enlarged chest in order to hold two tapes. I think it looks better than Blaster, not as obvious as Soundblaster and very functional. The eject mechanism feels perfect (my original Blaster lost the ability to eject his tapes a long time ago).

[​IMG]

And the tapes, which in this reissue are great appeals to help make up your mind and buy him. Two very obscure characters, one of them in particular is an awesome addition to the TF canon.

4. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

[​IMG]

Nightstalker and Stripes. Stripes, according to TfWiki, was supposed to appear on the 86 movie, but didn't make it. Very obscure, and a nice mold to be repainted as a tiger. The orange and gold chrome work really nice.

Nightstalker, yes, is *the* Nightstalker from the State Games story published in the Marvel UK 86 annual! That's old Ravage's partner before the Decepticons existed! This is a great repaint, and the fact the they equipped him with Ravage's weapons just visually reenforces their partnership. Must have, in my opinion!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comparision with Ravage.

[​IMG]

For those who have read that story, here's a shot to illustrate it better. I chose Vector Prime in place of the autobot Overlord because of his regal motiff, but he's too tall. Could work better with a repaint of G1 Scourge (if someone makes it, I'll buy it). Enjoy.

[​IMG]

I'm very happy with this set.

5. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

And of course, I just realized that I may have posted in the wrong thread. I searched for "Twincast" review, but didn't realize it was in the video review forum. Sorry.

6. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits: