Encore TC and SW versus the TRU versions.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MagnusPrimal, Aug 10, 2008.

1. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Are there likely to be major differences in these? I'm not talking about the missiles, I know about them. How was Encore Starscream? Were his joints tight, did the wings fit snugly against the body, etc. How about the TRU versions? Were they better, worse, or pretty much the same? I have the TRU TC and SW, but I've never managed to open them. I was wondering if I should sell them and get the Encore versions, but if the products are likely to be inferior, I wasn't going to bother.

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have both TRU and Encore SS, and the quality of joints etc. is pretty much the same. The only differences were the missiles, paint apps instead of stickers on th Encore, and a different color cockpit. I imagine Encore TC and SW will be about the same, although I can't see much difference in the cockpit color in the pics I've seen.

3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think the missile length will be the major difference.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you care about the tech spec cards, the Encore versions will have them, the TRU versions do not. I know you are asking about toy differences, but I can't think of any that haven't been mentioned.