Encore Starscream (eyes fixed but missles broken)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by viper2391, Aug 27, 2007.

1. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok so I managed to somehow fix his eyes. The original sticker that comes with it is awful and completely masks his nose making him look shitty. I don't have before picture but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
    I bought some cheap magnifying lens and a tiny scissor to cut away on the eyes but they are still too small for me but I managed somehow. Its quite hard so you'll need patience.

Ok so here he is with the eyes fixed (somewhat).

[​IMG]

Encore Starscream also looks good on its own. It may not be as poseable but when he's displayed his personality shines.

[​IMG]

I did not took some pictures of his alternate mode, F-15, but most of you know what it looks like now.

The bad thing is that I accidentally broke-off one of its long missles. I don't know how to repair it because superglue seems weak because of the tiny and skinny part. So anyone can help me fix this? Took a peak at tfsource and a spare will cost $15 + shipping wow! I wont go that way that's why I chose to put the short missles instead.

[​IMG]

Anyone? Help!

2. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Loctite Super Attak glue and it'll hold.

3. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks good,

Can't wait 'till mine get's here,

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    That's your best bet, the lasers, and missiles are always pricey on ebay, I recently sold two Thrust ones for £18/$36.

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are the arms loose on him at the shoulders? I did the same thing on my eyes, but i cut smaller, evil looking triangles.

6. ser3100

ser3100 Well-Known Member

try using 2 ton plastic epoxy from your local hardware store. it basically fuses plastic back together.

7. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

maybe break a pin, heat it up with a lighter, (while holding on with pliers of coarse lol.) or not, your choice, stick in in there straight on one side, then with the missile end press it in there

so it should look like this ]----- but ya gotta do it straight...

might work....and super glue it...should hold like new wootage.

8. viper2391

News Credits:
    not really (loose arms). Wow, you even cut it smaller? those are a b'_tch to apply. I spent about 15 min or more applying those decals on Starscreams eyes. Good job.

9. viper2391

News Credits:
    thanks! I might use a really tiny drill to put a pin and attach it.

10. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    It's funny, a Classics Starscream MOSC costs almost as much as this one right now. And (call me captain obvious) but I'd much rather get a Classics SS over this terrible one. Some things are better left in the past.

11. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

does this figure have any diecast on him? You did a good job on the eyes, I want this guy so bad

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yes, starscream has diecast. the entire red body section.

13. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    It looks like it's a straight reissue. I have to say that I prefer the smoked-grey canopy to the orange one. I have my original Starscream and that's the correct color. The original sticker sheet had the problem with covering the nose as well. I think my solution at the time was to take a permanent black marker to the sticker portion over the nose, and it worked well enough.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Got mine today. I prefer the TFC09's anime-accurate colors. I'll likely sell this.

15. viper2391

News Credits:
    Thanks! It was really a bitch putting it but after a hardwork it simply pays off coz Starscream's good looking toy. Die-cast? Yap the red parts or entire body is die-cast. Encore Starscream is pretty cheap in Japan it was like Y2520.00

Megatron is good too. I never got Soundwave though. I have the TFC collection and Hasbro so I did not bother to waste money.

16. JTMitchell87

JTMitchell87 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe you guys can help me out real quick. My Encore Starscream arrived today but it seems the pegs for the wings are too long for the holes in the body. I've tried to gently force the wings in but so far no luck. Is this just in need of some heavy pushing (I really don't want to break it) or will modifying of the figure be needed?

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    There will always be a gap, that's normal. Modify if you don't like the look, but that is standard for the mold.

18. JTMitchell87

JTMitchell87 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. I had a feeling it was natural but every picture I've seen has shown no gap so I was starting to get slightly concerned.

19. Me Grimlock

Me Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like the 09's anime colors as well and was going to do the same, but then I thought since the USA MP Starscream is going to have anime colors then I'd like to have one original and one cartoon accurate.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I might order this guy tomorrow or very soon. Is he worth it? I've never owned the mold so it'd be new to me, but is the quality alright? The reason I ask this is that I might not be able to get him and the Sky-byte I've been looking for. I've always wanted the mold but have really been more of a Skywarp fan. Maybe Takara will go the money-grubbing route and release him and TC eventualy.