ENCORE Soundwave.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bobby Lemain, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

This would have been posted in the review section, but since I am planning to keep him MISB I can only comment on what I can see from the outside of the box.

As a few people on this board have already stated, the defective laserbeak problem has shown its face once again...
    [​IMG]
    The so called problem, is that his torso juts out at an awkward angle and has a hard time fitting into Soundwave's closed cassette door. It may be caused because of a loose screw, or, it can be from the chest piece having extra flash on it causing it to not sit flush with the underbelly of the condor.

[​IMG]
    From that really blurry picture (I couldn't get it any better because of the 2 layers of plastic over it) it an be seen that this particular reissue is like the book-style and the TRU reissue in the fact that the cassette door connects to the body on the outside and not the inside resulting in the "I am a blue soundblaster with a modified chest window" status.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    awesomely enough, on the back I spotted a picture of the prototype microchange MC-13 and besides the fact that this is my first G1 styled package I've been able to hold in my hands, seeing that pic blew my mind! At the moment that actually seemed cooler then the toy it self.. but since I made up my mind not to open it, then I guess that picture probably is cooler then my awesomely awesome paperweight.

[​IMG]
    lol. I couldn't help posting that picture...

oh ya, and on my first day in english this year, my teacher said, "and knowing is half the battle"... when he said that I was like..OMFG!!!! that was cool.

2. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

I know many people know about the reuse of Cassette Man's Box art, but on the Encore version, references are still there:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Micro" can be seen on the blaster, and Micro can also be seen on the chest plate along with the big yellow rectangle covering up the words "cassette man". I love this box.

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Incidentally, the difference in the chest door and buttons is not a relic of Soundblaster. Soundwaves were released in Japan in G1 with that same door, which was a running change. I've even heard a few reports of US Soundwaves with that door.