Encore series question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by oddobot, Oct 23, 2007.

1. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    Hey,
    I was just curious as to the size of the encore series figures?! Cause WM.com has them listed for like double BBTS prices and lists them at 6" tall. Can someone help me out here??

Thanks,
    ODD

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how tall they are, but, it would depend on the indevidual figure, as they are all pretty much different sizes.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Walmart.com is selling them through another vendor. Hence the markup.

The figs themselves are the size they were when they were released in the 80's. (probably 6-8 inches...)

4. SmF

SmF Well-Known Member

I didn't think it was good to start a thread since I'm such a noob on this. So I'll ask in here.

What's the difference between the Japanese re-issues (the book looking packages) and the Encore series? I thought Encore was a re-release once again but it seems like it's not. Since I thought Jap. re-issues = TRU re-issues, Encore = ... ?

A quick explaination would be nice. :) 

5. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

as far as i know, the encore series are reissues if g1 figures with little improvements on the figures, just like with prime, the autobot insignias on the cab are already imprinted, not like before that the insignias were stickers.

6. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I love my Encore Prime and the imprinted Autobot logo is great.

7. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Can't wait to see what walmart and the rest charge for an encore sky lynx next year. :inquisiti 

8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

And they don't come with the extra acesories that the TFC versions of Prime, Megs, and SS did.

9. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Transformer collection is much better imo

10. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Whatever it is,I'm sure it will good for a laugh. Just like these.

11. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

Encore = Japanese a reissue. watch ur use or racial slurs... :Gouki: 

12. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm quite new at this as well so here goes: The TFC is the Hasbro "book" collection, right? It's different from the "commemorative series", right? What are the extra accessories on the TFC that aren't in the Encore issue?

So in a nutshell, the Encore is trying to be faithful to the initial 1984 release in terms of accessories?

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    TFC is Transformers Collection, takara's previous line of reissues that were in white book-style packaging with pages of bios and toy catalogs that could be inserted in the binder that came with TFC convoy/optimus. starscream was in show colors and came with a megatron pistol to hold, along with a convoy fist resculpted to be able to hold the pistol, blaster's silver parts were changed to a different color, megatron came with an energon mace, convoy came with an energon axe, insecticons came with energon cubes, bumblebee had a show-accurate face, and astrotrain's color was changed to black and white. meister/jazz experienced some odd mold degradation, that resulted in his face being resculpted with a stupid grin.

commemorative series is hasbro's reissue line that was toys r us exclusive. came in a similar box type as TFC, but none of the extras or mold changes, although astrotrain was changed to black and white for the line. hasbro's reissue jazz was superior to the takara reissue, which could not stand up straight or hold together well in vehicle mode. hasbro's version was nice and stiff. it has the stupid grin remold. most hasbro reissues have no springs in their launchers due to safety reasons. in cases where the missiles were made longer for US safety laws, the springs are intact. also, some of the non-firing chrome missiles are now black plastic for some reason. optimus prime had the spring removed from the trailer that launched roller, and both prime and magnus featured shorter smokestacks for safety reasons.

encore is a new reissue line of takara's meant to make the most of the movie's popularity. they're releasing the original forms of the movie cast first and foremost. there are changes again too. starscream's canopy color has changed and he has pre-pained faction symbols, soundwave's shade of blue has changed, megatron's silver plastic is a different color, and convoy has metallic blue plastic, along with pre-painted faction symbols on the cab. there are no new accessories so far. encore meister/jazz should have a corrected face, since stepper/ricochet (jazz repaint) had the correct face sculpt.

14. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

TFC is the Takara book series yes. The majority of these are equivalent to the Hasbro Commemrative series, mostly. For the ones that Hasbro and Takara put out at the same time the only real difference is Hasbro left out crome and missile launcher springs.

But TFC Prime. Megs, and SS are different than the previous reissues. Which they had put out a few years earlier. The new colours and accesories were to justify buying them again in a new box. Optimus is the least changed he just comes with an energon axe like MP Prime. Megatron has pellets that he can shoot, and an energon flail (it's on a chain and therefore not a mace). Almost like MP Megatrons. Starscream is really different. He has an almost perfect show accurate colour scheme. Light sky blue instead of dark navy blue, yellow canopy. He also has remolded fists, they have a gun hole. In which you can place the alt moded Megatron accesory he comes with. Which can also be attached to him in jet mode.

Yes, and G1 style boxes.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Just curious, what part of his post had a racial slur in it? If you're talking about the Jap. part, it's just a shorter version of Japanese ( the . should hint at that). Or are you being sarcastic? (though nothing in your post hints towards that).

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No, it's not "just" a shorter version of japanese. japanese people take a lot of offense to the term, since that's what they were called constantly in derrogatory WWII propaganda.

if you want to abbreviate "japanese" or "japan", use JP.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Truth. My buddy found an old pin-on button in his grandma's stuff that read, "Slap that Jap."

On topic, I haven't opened the Megatron Encore from Hobby Link Japan. Is that plug in the barrel they used easy to remove?

18. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

He should really change it to read "Slap that JP."

19. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comparisson notes on TFC, Commemorative and Encore!

Hmmm...all of a sudden that TFC Megatron seems to be a more enticing buy than the Encore Megatron just because of the flail.

Thanks to the guys who answered, my curiousity on why TFC Starscream has a high price tag also got answered!

Here's another question (for Valkysas or lars573)
    How about TFC versus the "new year's prime" versus the "15th anniv prime"? I heard the new year's prime just came with more extras? Is the 15th anniv prime just another fancy box variant? Thanks!

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Bullshit, I know the answer too! :lol 

New Year's Prime comes with an Autobot symbol mouse pad, both variants of his gun, a matrix that fits in the cab (reused for the Galvatron reissue) and an Action Master Prime with an anime deco. TFC is similar but has a binder for the TFC pages and the Energon Axe but no Action Master or mouse pad. The 15th Anniversary version doesn't have any of those extras.