Encore Metroplex v. KO Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kickback, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Anyone kicking themselves for dropping $90 on a KO Metroplex only to learn Takaratomy is going to officially re-release it later this year?

I'm not personally ... but then again, I don't do that whole KO thing so I have nothing to kick myself for!

2. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    you are just trying to start beating that dead horse again ain't ya?!?!?

no. not regretting it at all. gives me another bot to kitbash.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I almost bought a KO Metroplex, but then I saw the mismatched plastic in some reviews. Thank goodness I waited.

4. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS image had the half chrome legs, bah! I hope Encore has full crome legs and rubber tires, not that it matters b/c I got my complete G1 Metroplex earlier this year.

5. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    never thought about the KO but at least the offical release will put the KO in its correct price range I couldn't believe they where charging what they did for them.

6. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    hmmmm with metroplex being released i wonder if they'll do metrotitan too

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Not really, but kind of.

A lot of people justified the "It's ok!" argument on KO Metroplex because it hadn't been and didn't look to be re-released anytime soon and it was a good opportunity for people who didn't have one to be able to afford one without going to eBay for an original.

Now there's an Encore re-release of the figure. Not everyone kitbashes their toys, and I'm curious if anyone was feeling buyer's remorse for purchasing a KO Metroplex and saw today's news and went "DAMN IT!".

I think that's a valid question to ask, not that I'm trying to rub dirt in their face. I know I'd be horribly pissed at myself.

8. atomicthumbs

atomicthumbs Bots > Savings Acct

A little. I picked up the KO thinking that the original mold was lost/broken so it was never coming out (I had mis-information). It looked pretty darned good to me and some of you gave it pretty decent reviews so I got one (and have been pretty happy with it)

So, I'll be selling/trading the KO after I get the Encore (I'm sure we will see A LOT of that going on).

Agreed - That I hope it has rubber tires and chromed legs!

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Mabey Ehobby would, least they wont fudge up the colors. Id still prefer them not to do it thou that way I dont feel bad for paying $400 for my original

10. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm curious what made them think to do Metroplex. I wonder if it might have anything to do with the KO in a way of attempting to make the potential customers think twice before purchasing one. I've made my view on these KO's clear so I won't repeat it again. But as we get closer to the release it will be interesting to see what it looks like. I have an original Metroplex and it might be nice to have a nice minty fresh one.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It is a bit of a curiosity, Though I'm not enough of a Metroplex fan that I feel any need to replace my beat-up original with the missing parts.

If Tomykara pops up announcements for Encore Mirage/Ligier, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, and Dinobots, then I'll be taking much closer notice, as those are the only ones I've considered dropping funds on knockoffness. (haven't yet, but surely thought about it.)

12. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:

I was not giving you grief...I was just like OH GOD not the KO VS LEGIT ARGUMENT....NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. joevill

joevill Well-Known Member

that would be sweet!

14. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would be mad too. However, I don't think anyone will say they are mad about it, as an earlier post stated that it didn't appear likely that an actual metroplex would be officially released.

I am definitely purchasing this one to go with my pink KO metrotitan I ordered from Spencer :D 

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lemons=lemonade.
    i couldn't afford the KOs Plex and Titan at the time so i was kinda left out. heck, because i was shocked by the announcement, i am scrambling my budget to see if I can get the Encore Plex now.
    even if i had more money and freedom to do so, i think i wouldn't kick myself for buying the KOs. no way in hell i could.
    think about it- extra city bases for a neat setup (and easily able to know which is which) and heck, it is a little dose of history. Like you can show someone the differences between em and you look smarter for that.

the only time i could kick myself for a KO is if i buy one and it is a complete pile of crap. like not even getting it out of the box and it breaks. other than that, it is just an addition to a collection.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i guess its the same feeling like when you splurged on the vintage and then find out a reissue is coming out.

except, you know, in this case you splurged on a KO.

17. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whew..nope thank god i was patient enough & it paid off, b'coz i had a suspicion dat right after Sky-lynx sooner or later they would reissue Metroplex (one of my G1 grails). patience is a virtue :D .

Great news indeed!

18. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I'm up for good bootlegs and KOs, but when you can get a sealed original figure for the same or slightly higher price, forget it.

19. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pissed that I finally got the Hasbro re-issues of Thundercracker (TC just arrived yesterday!) and Skywarp and now Encore versions are coming out. It has nothing to do with whether or not they're KOs... Just that I always want the best version of a figure.

20. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

Edit, nevermind. Found the link.

This is awesome news for both the seekers and metro. Im pretty happy even if my girlfriend wont be!

Thanks