Encore Metroplex: A Request for Opinions and Pics

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DeltaEcho, Aug 26, 2009.

1. DeltaEcho

DeltaEcho The Last Gunslinger

News Credits:
    So I may have the means to get the Encore Metroplex from BBTS in the near future, and as much as I want him Im still sort of hesitant. My main concern is the price I guess. Hes $94 and some change with shipping, and Im pretty sure thats a good price, but I could get multiple figures for the same. I was wondering what everyone's opinion on him is. I just started collecting G1 figures so my display could use some beefing up, and he seems like he could fit the bill there, plus the fact his alt mode is a city is awesome. Does he have diecast parts? How solid is he? Also does anyone have any pics of theirs, maybe with other figures? All Ive really seen is stock photos and its hard to get a sense of scale when its just him.

2. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

heres a couple of my metroplexes, at the momment I don't have any in city mode but you should get the idea:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(none of these are reissues or bootlegs, all original g1s)

3. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

I've just had a look at your collection Blitzwing - Awesome. I like cluttered collections !

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    He's a GREAT figure, I don't think any version has die-cast, the early G1 versions had rubber tires, not sure which the reissues sport.

That said, $100 feels a little steep for him. If you're not crazy about MIB'ness, you could probably put together (if not out right buy) one for less than that online (ebay, these boards, etc.)

D/L

5. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Here's my Encore in city mode (some of the antennae aren't there because it's a low shelf). I think it's a great toy :) 
    [​IMG]

As for construction - there's no noticable die cast, but he's quite solid.

Given that he's G1, he doesn't have much articulation in robot mode (waist, hips and some vertical shoulder movement), but on the flip side, he's a city and a battle station, so I think it balances out :) 

6. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I picked up a loose Metroplex online for only £25. He is a little banged up but he's complete. He's still amazing and only really shows his worth once you have him in your hands and are transforming through the various alt modes.

But as has been said, you might find cheaper options online. I think the reissue has the rubber tires and the chrome thighs.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    feedback forum exists for things like this. there is a bunch of info on metroplex in there.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry I don't have mine in City Mode but here ya go

[​IMG]

9. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No pics, but Metroplex is a fantastic figure. You should be able to get him for less than $94 though - not sure he's worth that. Do a bit of shopping around, check ebay etc. You can get a decent vintage complete one for less than $94...