Encore Line Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by FortressMaximus1976, Oct 17, 2007.

1. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm wondering with the now confirmed release of Jazz coming out in March 08, I'm hoping we will see a reissue of G1 Skorponok in this line...considering that they are reissuing Skylynx...kinda of a left field release, which I'm surprised to see coming out but great all the same (although I already own a vintage with the box).

Skorponok would be one of the last few of the 2007 movie character names that they haven't mentioned release of yet in its G1 counterpart. This is the only base I dont own yet, and I've been hunting him down for a while at a decent price. I have Fort Max, Metroplex, Trypticon, and Omega Surpreme, with the boxes, and this guy would round it out for me, but I'm wondering if I should wait it out and see what happens for a bit .

Just wondering what your opinions are of this guy being reissued considering the announcement of SkyLynx.

Thanks

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm hoping for Omega Supreme :D . As for Scorpinok, I'm not interested in him, so, I wouldn't really care if they didn't reissue him.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'm just waiting for all the responses calling for the Dinobots, Sunstreaker, Mirage, and Wheeljack...remember people the molds were lost.

I'd like to see Trailbreaker, Cyclonus, Springer, some headmasters, and biggest of all dreams Fort Max.

4. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I was surprised to see Sky Lynx as a Encore reissue. So maybe some of the larger scaled TF's might be a reality. I think the Sky Lynx reissue will test Transfans and show whether or not our pockets are deep enough for the larger toys.

5. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As nice as it would be to see max get re-issued, I really doubt it'll happen unless he's in another cartoon series(Hey Hasbro, put max in a cartoon series!).

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Scorponok's a possibility, sure. If you want to see it, buy Sky Lynx.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I'd take Trypticon over Skorponok.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd say Trypticon is more likely, being electronic. The last three New Year's reissues:

1. Sky Lynx
    2. Galvatron
    3. Star Convoy

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm going to say, a bunch of cassette reissues ( much like the minibots) containing ravage, rumble, frenzy, ratbat, slugfest and overkill

10. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I hope they reissue everything they can. It would be greatif they would try some reverse molding. Then we can get official releases of the ko'd molds. Realistically, I doubt that will happen. I really hope they make a Black Zarak.

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Since I had no need for the Season 1 & 2 Autobot cars when they were reissued by Hasbro & Takara a few years ago, I completely missed the boat and would actually like to see them all get Encore versions now that I *do* need them. I know it would be totally redundant, but some of us could still use them at lower price points than found on eBay.

New reissues of the Dinobots & Shockwave would be cool, but as always, I won't be holding my breath. Something tells me that if they were to happen, they would have by now.

Reissues of ALL the Seekers would be sweet.

12. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont think Skylinks will be a Encore reissue, more like the Predicon reissue. Even though they are saying its an Encore.
    The Encore are suppose to be only MOvie Related.

Man Dinobot giftset would Fly off the shelfs and why is Tarkara/Hasbro so damn Dumb.
    I got an Orginal Sky Lynks MIB..I really not the biggest Fan. I would of rather seen almost anybody else but I'll still get it.
    And they talk about lost molds, wasnt sky lynks a lost mold?

13. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Not ranting or so, but I just keep wondering why ppl write Skorponok, Scorpinok etc when he's always been spelled Scorponok - it's the only TF name i see written in several different ways. :) 

Anyway I'd love to get a reissue of Triplechanger Springer :D 

14. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

YES!
    I'd love to see the Headmasters reissued along with Target and Powermasters. Though I wouldn't be interested in the ones with the smaller human counterparts. And if Fort Max is should ever be reissued again I will not pass that up no matter how angry the wife will be about it.

HELL YEAH!!!
    You just have to add Buzzsaw (since Laserbeak was included with Encore Soundwave). It would be great to get nearly all the other Con cassettes in one package. Then they could make Encore Blaster and release a set of the Bot cassettes.

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on that Marc Bellemo TF guide, he mentioned that the company who made Skylinx mold also made Omega Supreme, and that was pretty much the only two molds they contributed to the series. Unless there is proof Omega cannot be done, then I am guessing him.

My problem with the Encore series is that I am not really willing to even pay a lot of the prices even brand new. I put fourth the money for Prime and Megs, but an autobot car I am guessing would be around the same as starscream, so I'm thinking about $35 US before shipping. That's just a bit much for them, in my wallets humble opinion. I would love to see Scorponok, but I'd imagine he would be more then Skylinx, and he is already priced at $90 at BBTS, which is more then I am willing to pay for him. I could see Scorponok being around $130, and again, that's just more then I am willing to spend.

16. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Takara-TOMY did note that there was another mold they found in the TOMY catalogs that they were unaware was there, along with Sky Lynx. Being as Sky Lynx and Omega came from the same company, odds are that TOMY bought that company some time ago, and acquired both mold sets, and that Omega is the mold Takara was referencing.

17. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Ahh yesssss, mergers and acquisitions!!! Omega Supreme would be a very cool reissue since most of the ones avail don't have working electronics...

18. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I need Sckorpinoc so I hope they do reissue him!

19. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

That's one reason not to buy them from BBTS. For me SS was 3000 Yen before shipping, ~$25 USD.

20. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    I'm just hoping the next reissue wil be something new.

No more Prowl, Hot Rod, Kup, Blaster, Seekers, etc. They've been reissued bij Takara AND Hasbro already.

Just a freaking new reissue. Something like Trailbreaker, or Reflector.