Encore line... Best ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Born 2B Alive!, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far I am very impressed with the Encore line. I have a feeling that we will continue to be suprised with the fantastic reissues that we have been getting. Here is why I have high hopes that this will be the best line since the original Gen. One line.
    1. This is the best chance for collectors that don't have unlimited funds for originals to be able to get the next best thing ....these great reissues in their original style packaging.
    2. I like the little changes (Improvements) Trailbreaker blue eyes, Omega Supreme face under head sheild, etc...
    3. Same top quality plastic and diecast parts as originals. I have read on diffrent forums that some people are complaining that the encore line is made of inferrior plastic and such. I have my original 1985 Omega Supreme standing next to the new Encore one... There the same! The only one that I have found to be diffrent is Soundwave. His play and record buttons are one plastic piece in every reissue.... and the original was of course seperate Diecast metal pieces.
    I don't pretend to know everything about TFs so if anyone can state diffrently please do. I just think this new Encore line is a dream come true for Gen One collectors who can't afford MISB originals.

2. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I am very happy with this line. I sold my TRU Commemoratives and started over with this line. I don't know if its the best ever but its good.

3. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel the same way about the TRU Commemoratives. This line is much better. The Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus short stacks really turned me off.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Although I will always prefer the TFC line for its uniform packaging, the Encore line has certainly provided some great new reissues in Omega and Metroplex.

5. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Not to nitpick, but I thought Soundwaves buttons were always plastic, though you are right about how the buttons were seperate from each other in the original Microman and very first Transformers release. I have that version of Soundwave, but the buttons are still plastic, unless there is a metal button version that I am not aware of. As for Encore, yes I agree, I love the vintage style packaging, especially with characters like Soundwave, the seekers and the Autobot cars. The original artwork owns any crap that Dreamwave could ever come up with. That said, I admit that I did like some of the extras that the Takara's Transformers Collection series often came with, like the little energon cubes for the Insecticons.

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like Encore the best of the reissues because of the paint apps instead of stickers, and the original style boxes. Although I still prefer the changes made to TFC Starscream over Encore Starscream.

7. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    omega supreme was spot on...metroplex...not so good...but i do like the updated peg addition to the tank...that is awesome...skylynx looks exactly like he did before in quality and preformance...i will be getting encore tf's as long as they continue them, not all of them but the main ones...trailbreaker definitely...i have the reissue hoist so i am passing on him....

8. crazedjustice88

crazedjustice88 Member

I don't have very much money, but when I get some, this will be the first line I go after. I LOVE G1!!! I can't wait to see what next reissues will come out. The nice additions also turn me toward their releases.

9. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    I like the idea of reissuing G1s in original style packaging, but the plactic and molds are crappy. the painted parts never match the plastic color, and the edges are rough, almost KO quality. I own an Encore Thundercracker, Ironhide and Ratchet, I articulated an Encore Jazz for TFW member Lucs, and by looking at the pics of Trailbreaker and Hoist, I can see the same flaws.

Sad, but true...

On the same note, the TRU reissue and Takara reissues of a few years back are much better quality, damn close to originals. From now on, Ill only be buying older reissues and E-hobby figures for my customs.

10. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Am i missing something here?

They are gonna reissue the figures agian but this time in the original style boxes?????

11. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, the neutered stacks are a turn off, but I love my Comm Series reissues. Between those, the TFC & Encore, I have been given a chance to get my toys back that I had as a kid. Thank you Hasbro & Takara!!

12. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    Encore... TFC Collection... Hasbro Reissues...

Which line is better?

They all have something that the other line hasn't reissued.

Encore reissued Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Minibots (other than Bumblebee), Ratchet, Ironhide & Trailbreaker.

TFC Collection reissued Hound, Insecticons, Blitzwing, Soundblaster, Perceptor, Kup & Wheelie, Blaster & the Minibots

Hasbro reissued Ultra Magnus, Power Master Prime w/ Apex Armor, Grapple & Dirge

Each line gives those who can't shell out some serious cash to buy originals from the 80's a cheaper alternative to buy back fond memories of having something from their childhood that takes them back to a time where all that mattered was playing with toys and coming home after school to watch their favorite cartoon.

I appreciate each line for the simple fact that it pays close homage to the original G1 toy line and that's cool enough.

So far the Encore line is putting out some nice reissues that a lot of us didn't expect to be released and they all have been impressive IMO.

I even like the new paint applications and slight modifications that make them different from other reissues thus far.

Certainly the Encore line has the biggest TF reissues to date with Omega, Sky Lynx and Metroplex.

If the Encore line continues at this rate and eventually reissues more TF's that haven't been reissued in prior lines or past releases... Then Encore may just be the BEST reissue line for sure.

Now, if the Encore line releases official reissues of a few of the KO's that are floating around like all of the 5 Dinobots, Mirage, Wheeljack, Devastator and Reflector... Plus throw in a Fortress Maxiumus reissue later this year to celebrate the 25th anniversary... Then the Encore line will definitely be the BEST reissue line!

13. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

I agree, the TRU reissues really surprised me with their quality. The seekers were damn near perfect, the only let down was the longer missiles.

14. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:

not to be that picky but the first wawe of reissues that camein their original G1 boxes was OP, UM, Sixshot, Megatron, Starscream, Hot Rod, God Ginrai and Rodimus, then they Switched to TFC boxes and started with Jazz.

Ratchet, Ironhide, Trailbreaker, Ramjet, Thrust were relesed as convention exclusivs limited to 1000. Not expensiv at firsrt but after 6 months to a year boom.

Havent bought any encores yet btu probably will sooner or later

15. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    universe line.. best ever! :lol  but i definitely agree with the OP, this line is awesome.. i couldnt resist getting all 14 figures on this line, theyre really awesome.. especially for people who dont wanna shell out so much for vintage G1s.. one of the best lines of late

16. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    I like the Encore line, but what would even be better is for Hasbro to reissue the TF's in their original boxes. That way I don't have to turn to the dark side of MISB KO's anymore.

17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

g1 soundwave never had metal buttons? :confused2 

edit:

i just checked my g1 soundwave, he does NOT have metal buttons, in fact, he the only part of him that is metal, is his feet. and the buttons are indeed one piece, just covered in plastic, rather then exposed like the reissue one is, which was slightly retooled. if i remember correctly.

encore is alright, i just wish their prices were a little bit MORE like henkei's. i mean, $110 for omega supreme was a little steep don't you think?

18. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

if you paid $110, you paid too much, he's on ebay for as low as $79.99 in the US, $45.99 overseas but shipping is more

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  19. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    AMEN to that! I'm loving Encore so far, but if they even so much as made half of the figures you named, best...TF...reissue line...ever!:thumbs2: 

20. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    The different elements such as minibots and king size TFs makes Encore a great line.