Encore God Fire Convoy, LG64 Seaspray and Rione, LG65 Targetmaster Twin Twist & LG66 Targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Wow. Amazon did take it down. I tried to check under my order history and it disappeared. Glad I ordered a second one to keep in MISB.

• Like Like x 2
  2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    Fire Convoy despite all its current release flaws remains a really fun toy. The added bonus of new sound clips really elevates the playability level

• Like Like x 1
  3. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Im thinking of getting a second to keep MISB too. Waiting for the high prices to drop like a hot potato.. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I mistook it as a legends EX release to buy it. Turns out it was Encore. I've been playing with it and it's better than I thought. Won't branch out to other stuff like this, tho.

• Like Like x 3
  5. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    I have a huge nostalgia bug when it comes to Fire Convoy.

6. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

giphy.gif

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Why be an apologist like that? You're buying a product that is not actually in a condition that it should be sold in. Acting like a dick towards people who are raising concerns or using massive leaps in logic to justify the BS ("I can just buy an original and replace parts! It's totally acceptable") just makes you look like an ignorant fanboy. Takara is a business and you are a consumer. They're not your friend.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They’ll never be. This QC issue should wake them up because driving prices higher for crappier products and QC don’t cut it.

Not sure if I should keep playing with my God Fire Convoy or just display him as is since like I said, it is a magical or miracle one I received.

• Like Like x 2
  9. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

lol you are just jealous you can't have my perfect Encore God Fire Convoy. Tell me MOAR about how I'm an ignorant fanboy. I love it.
    nic_cage_moar.gif 47439673-14916582247905974_origin.png

They offered a full refund for their mistakes. What more do you want from the company. Them on their knees? A public falling on their sword? It is embarrassing enough to have to do the recall. So as others have stated, this will hopefully shore them up.

People can wine about it, return it, keep it like it is or fix it. Enjoy the hobby.

10. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just hope I’m being diplomatic with how I’m approaching this. I think if there aren’t any same side pieces, the figure is really fun to play and not worth returning a recall. The electronics was pointless but a bonus which is prolly what drove the cost up. Royalties maybe? Still a dumb way to pass the cost over to the consumer.

Wonder if the turning point for driving cost up was MP39 Sunstreaker. Since then, the city bot reissues, Leader Class Legends, MP41 Dinobot And this encore release have seen unforgiving prices.

Still. Getting mine for 16,000 yen wasn’t a robbery but I think people have said you can get both to order models for cheaper. Wait and see approach.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    "Perfect"...? You literally listed two QC problems in the last page. I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

No. I don't expect Takara to do any more than what they're doing, but it's still a problem. It's a problem that has been becoming more and more apparent with every Takara release, although this is obviously a lot worse than any previous. And that's the thing. You shouldn't have to worry about being unlucky and getting severe QC problems every time you buy a Takara toy... but that's how it's been lately. Maybe this will be a wake up call to them, but seeing as the recall is apparently about the mixed up sound gimmicks specifically and they haven't mentioned the plethora of other problems I'm not hopeful

• Like Like x 2
  12. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Oh man...am I having SO much fun with Fire Convoy. God Magnus, not so much.. :lolol 

13. Fasttrack

Fasttrack Super-Unvincible

News Credits:
    My God Fire Convoy arrived yesterday.

God Magnus has no issues whatsoever. (though I haven't checked the electronics since they don't bother me)
    everything fold/holds/tabs together, no floppiness or missing paint. all good

Fire Convoy on the other hand..
    his fist holes are too small to hold his gun or Magnus' Thumb for combined mode.
    one of his ankles is bent.
    massive stress marks on one of the panels for his super mode arms.
    broken plastic around a pin on the leg/truck side piece.

on the plus side, no missing/swapped/doubled up parts, no obvious blemishes or paint issues. and the ratchets are fine.

Torn on whether to keep it or send it back since while it CAN transform and combine. it's got some bad stress marks and a broken piece.

This doesn't seem to be a guaranteed issue (just like every other QC issue) since mine has the right arm parts and can transform just fine (except the cab has a split towards the top)

• Like Like x 2
  14. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Im starting to think that both popculture pooka and Starscream Gaga are one in the same person........

15. Cyberpool

Cyberpool Member

You are right about that as my friend's one does not have the same issue. However he does have the asymmetrical A stand problem with Fire Convoy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Amazon japan has sent the recall email as well

17. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Eh Whatever

Anyway... one of the worst things developing around this fiasco is that Takara is straight up LYING about the reasons for the recall. To say that the voice issues and a misprinted box are the reasons, and completely ignoring the raft of various other issues is downright decietful.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    But even in Australia I imagine there's a difference between a store being legally required to offer returns on a product versus when it's required for a company to issue a full recall on a product. As the consumer you have the right to return a defective product to the store you purchased it from for a refund or some other compensation, but I don't think this was a case where the manufacturer had to say "there's a problem, please return it for a refund". So this is a case where Takara deserves some credit for getting in front of this fiasco.

19. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Harass me one more time and Im personally going to ask the Mods to vban you from this thread...ok?

20. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    You know, I don't know why you and Wing Saber have this Jekyll and Hyde thing going on or who started what, maybe you guys are brothers, or cousins, or the same person? It doesn't matter, but you should know as annoying as constantly championing Takara-Tomy's superiority over it's Hasbro brethren can be, doing the exact opposite comes off equally just as obnoxious.

• Like Like x 3