Encore God Fire Convoy, LG64 Seaspray and Rione, LG65 Targetmaster Twin Twist & LG66 Targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Oct 2, 2017.

1. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I didn't read that it had trouble combining or proper transformation. Can you link me to that?
    Anyway I'm pretty good with making stuff fit... I don't mind getting my hands dirty.
    I mean if it is complete un-salvageable garbage, I'll just mail it back to TT with my receipt.

2. blake

blake Well-Known Member

I get mine tomorrow. Ill let everyone know asap when I get home round 415

3. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Common flaws spotted in sequence of video:

Box
    - Graphics printed wrongly on box showing Fire Convoy combining with Super God Sword instead of God Magnus

Fire Convoy
    - Right arm back not aligning properly with Fire Convoy's back during transformation sequence (mold issue)
    - Cab top not flushed in vehicle mode (not seen in this video)
    - First click on thigh ratchet joint faulty resulting in God Fire Convoy not being able to pose properly
    - Gun does not fit snugly in both of Fire Convoy's fists
    - Cannot do trademark handshake as God Magnus' thumb cannot fit into Fire Convoy's fist, workaround method is to twist Fire Convoy's fist 180 degrees and use the underside (LOL)
    - Ladder portion seems to be utilizing the Hasbro mold? The side of the ladder is molded solid for the bottom portion unlike the previous Takara iteration
    - Matrix compartment swivel not secured with steel rod so it drops off when opened (not seen in this video)
    - Missile launchers not assembled nicely, ugly gaps seen, more of a nitpick really
    - Face mask blemish

God Magnus
    - Mouth edge not painted
    - Weapon sound effect when triggered for Magna Lazer says Magna Vulcan instead
    - Weapon sound effect when triggered for Magna Vulcan says Magna Laser instead
    - For the above 2 sound effects, it seems the voice chip was installed incorrectly, however to fix this there is a high probability of irreparable damage to the figure
    - Feet connector assembled wrongly, can be fixed though
    - God Fire Convoy's head compartment does not sit flushed for some figures due to light piping for God Fire Convoy head which is also the head connector not affixed properly, can be fixed by unscrewing his head
    - Some fist assemblies not done properly resulting in damage(? can't really translate this part)

Here's links to where some other problems are shown, that will affect actual transformation.

Encore God Fire Convoy, LG64 Seaspray and Rione, LG65 Targetmaster Twin Twist & LG66 Targetmaster

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/the-ride-jpg.27956735/

• Like Like x 1
  4. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Thanks. saw of this though.
    Nope...no show stoppers and nothing preventing the combination or transformation.
    Only see
    "Right arm back not aligning properly with Fire Convoy's back during transformation sequence (mold issue)
    - Cab top not flushed in vehicle mode (not seen in this video)"

Definitely not show stoppers.

Even though some seek perfection in this figure, and they should for the price, we all know the drill. Though mass producing and old mold and knowing big Hasbro/TT, not putting a lot of effort... complancancy. Props to TT though for admitting failure and allowing a recall.
    I bet it increased sales due to the uniqueness. Master plan ^O^

Still this guy isn't coming along again and I'm willing for fix it up as needed. Part of the hobby guys.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  6. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    Did you click the links? Getting two of the same combiner ports prevents proper Super mode transformation and God mode in numerous copies.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    This also seems to be a recurring error preventing proper transformation to vehicle mode:

8. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

No I didn't. Thanks.. Well that is a whole pile of suck for those cases.

Still aside from the warping on the ankle, this is just plastic.. a fine cut here or there will correct some joins, and a new hole or combiner port/peg may salvage the guy. I have an original so modified parts could be modeled after it.

True that this won't be pretty. This is the worse cases as you have pointed out.

One could also grab a junk Convoy or Magnus off an auction site and harvest parts down the road.

Also wanted to repost this video showing the new sound FX again while I have the mic:

9. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    OK guys, cleaned up the thread a bit. If you have a problem with any user, you have the "ignore" option. Get back to the topic. thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    Thanks black convoy! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Kind of sounds like you are trying to salvage/justify to yourself an almost $300 purchase that is barely worth $50. No one should have to heavily rework a $300 toy AND cannibalise their old toys to make an expensive, premium figure useable.

Before Amazon Japan removed the listing (I can't find it anymore), this figure had a 1.5 star review rating. Among Japanese fans. About two or three 3 stars and one 4 star and the rest, over 50, were 1 star reviews. And even the higher scored reviews acknowledged QC problems as shown above along with plastic stressing and cracks, mold flashing and DIRT in the paint/box. Why do you think that was? Why were there NO 5 star reviews and an overwhelming number of 1 star reviews?

• Like Like x 3
  12. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Did I write it didn't suck?

I got mine for $200 Japan after a small haggle. Still high, but it is a collector's piece for collectors with some new/changed gimmicks. If you were to ask me to go back to yesterday and back off the transaction, I'd still get it today after reading the issue.
    You win some, you lose some in this hobby. I just know I like me some God Fire Convoy with new paint and gimmicks. I'm a collector and I collect.

Just checked my local auction site and I got an old Fire Convoy $25 complete for pickup (though that was a find). So problem solved if it exists. Total bill $225. If mine doesn't have trouble, then the extra goes up for auction for $75 labeled as "Fix you Encore God Fire Convoy". lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Woah, nice video to show off the amazing amount of new awesome voice clips! Always a treat.

14. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    There's absolutely no excuse for how badly this figure has turned out. Takara has UNDENIABLY been slipping when it comes to QC of late and this feels like the it's the ultimate result of how slack they've been. There have been a hell of a lot of issues reported with many examples of recent Legends figures (I've been incredibly lucky and have only had a problem with Slugslinger's tabs showing stressmarks) and this toy just flat-out should never have been released in this condition. It's not like it was even a new toy... it's a goddamn reissue!

People are praising Takara for offering refunds... but how could they not? I can't talk for Japan or America, but by Australian laws (and by extention stores that are selling to Australia) they're required by law to do so.

• Like Like x 2
  15. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm now imagining God Fire Convoy with spiky blue glowing hair. :lolol 

16. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Good for you that you dont have Encore God Fire Convoy! :) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Good for me, but I can't help feel bad for all the people that now have to organize refunds and sending the toy back, not to mention the people that were excited to actually own the toy and got a piece of garbage instead. Hobbylink Japan seems to be handling the refunds well, but I don't think we've heard what AmiAmi are doing about it... although as I said they'd be required to refund atleast their Australian customers by law.

• Like Like x 1
  18. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Jeez, cant you just lay off the threads for Encore God Fire Convoy for a bit?! You sound like you are obsessed to prove a point.

19. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I don't think there is any law that required them to issue the recall, since the defects weren't anything one would consider dangerous or harmful to the buyer (unless I missed the part where Fire Convoy literally catches on fire), they could have let it go like most QC issues.

But by law once they have an official recall they are obviously required to either fix or replace the product or otherwise issue a refund.

20. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    You're accusing someone else of being obsessed with something? LOL.

But no. What's being discussed here is perhaps the worst case of QC in the brand's recent history. I don't really care if it upsets you that people are talking about how badly Takara have dropped the ball, but it's obviously the most noteworthy thing about this release and it's obviously going to be discussed.

While I may not have gotten this toy, I have been a loyal Takara customer for years now and this release, especially given it's an expensive collectible aimed at adults, does not bode well for the future.

Again, I can't talk for other countries, but Australian law demands that refunds be issued for a product that doesn't comply to its intended or advertised purpose. Things like not being able to stand or properly tab together to transform or combine or even using the wrong voiceclips, for example. These laws extend to online stores selling to Australia but I'm not sure how it works in regards to postage. They may be allowed to offer a refund for the product but not the postage to or from the buyer.

• Like Like x 2