Encore God Fire Convoy, LG64 Seaspray and Rione, LG65 Targetmaster Twin Twist & LG66 Targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Oct 2, 2017.

1. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Eh, I'd say those are the same things, but either way, Masterpiece figures definitely seem to have had very little margin for error lately (a mistake for a mass-produced design). I actually like the transformation though. I just always recommend one of the KOs to people now because I can't justify issues like that for the price. I think I'm going to buy a KO at some point so that I can actually play with it. I try not to touch my MP-36 now, which is a damn shame because he is gorgeous.

I still need to get RID God/Ultra Magnus but I got Fire Convoy/Optimus Prime about five years back now and love him. Definitely different to what I expected and yeah, it's a lot more complex than it really has any right to be for its age. The Autobot car brothers from RID are similar, actually. RID feels like it was ahead of its time in quite a lot of regards (both good and bad).
    Eventually I need to get a complete set (or, at least, get Ultra Magnus) because RID is my childhood. I always wanted those figures and never got most of them until recently.
    Oh, and Landfill is very fun too. Kind of an ugly mess of a combiner but the way they combine is really cool, with three different form options, and the individual figures are lots of fun too (though I'm partial to Hightower because of his big gun).

• Like Like x 1
  2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I transform all my toys. Also, "plenty" = "vocal minority".

• Like Like x 1
  3. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I could say the same thing about you being the vocal minority. MANY people have had issues, especially with figures like MP-36. And good for you, you transform all your toys. Maybe you do it only once. Made you are the most careful person on the planet. Maybe you're extremely lucky. The point is that a lot of people have had issues, and saying they're the vocal minority is doing an injustice to the many people who got screwed by bad copies.
    But hey, I guess all those reviews on Amazon for Encore God Fire Convoy were the vocal minority too, right?

• Like Like x 2
  4. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Here are my 2 cents:
    there have been a lot of QC issues in recent legends and MP figures. But this time, Takara is organising a mass recall
    -> QC is majority, not minority on that one, unfortunately
    It makes me bitter, I choose this guy over Gran Max this month because my 2000 fire convoy/god magnus start to show age.
    And still they are in better shape than the 2 bots I got.

At least I am happy that God Fire convoy stands properly (the 1 qc I didn't get) and I have a master sword for him.
    He is a big favorite of mine, but if I knew there would have been QC, I would have ordered Gran Max first

• Like Like x 1
  5. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I forgot to mention this in my original post about it but I don't believe it's actually a recall. They're letting people return them. I could be wrong but their statement doesn't seem to imply they're actually doing a proper recall (likely because that could cost them more if they chose to do so). I could be wrong though - it's certainly like a recall, but I'm just not sure if calling it a recall is actually correct in this case.
    Regardless, I hope this is a wake-up call to TakaraTomy to start getting their quality control in order, because it's been sliding for a long time. This may be the worst case yet, but it's far from the only case, and I guarantee it won't be the last one if they don't make some serious changes going forward.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Voluntary recall maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    You're talking about a different toy here. Also, I don't think I'm very vocal about my "luck", and no, I don't transform my toys only once.

I don't go from thread to thread and board to board and FB page to FB page to complain about the same "issues" over and over and over and over. Just on this site, there are ten thousands of members yet we only hear about the same few. It's common knowledge that you're likely going to rush to complain about a bad experience than post about a complete lack of issues. The only toy I dare complaining about is TM Megatron, I broke 2 of those due to GPS. Other than that... nothing else to write home about.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Heads up for anyone who ordered Fire Convoy from HLJ. Got this email from them right before the weekend which contained some compensation options after TT sent out the recall note about the QC issues. You can either ship it back to them for a full refund, shipping costs included. Or get a 25% refund (6k yen) if you opt to keep it.

refund.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  9. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I mean, these are perhaps the smallest QC issues I\'ve ever heard of in anything for a \"recall\". This is really going a bit far, isn\'t it?

It\'s not like the toy destroys itself in transformation, or is missing a leg or something. It\'s a tiny wiring problem and a missing piece of art on the box. 

Like... wat? 

10. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Have you read the rest of the thread? Takara is only admitting to the voice chip QC issues, they're sweeping the other, major, issues under the rug.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Doubt it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Like what?

Sounds clips sound fine to me. The FX mismatch is really nothing to me. Awesome video:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    Like what? The parts do not fit together etc.? I tjpught tjose happened because they the sellers wanted to get to the electronics?

14. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I haven't heard about any other issues, only those two. Whats wrong with it?

15. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This whole thing has gotten crazy, and honestly makes me want it more than I had originally.

• Like Like x 3
  16. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Oh shite.. I'm getting this aren't I.
    Wallet, don't move.

17. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    I think Cyberpool got most of them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  19. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

It's sad to see how low transformers has fallen. Quality keeps dropping at an alarming rate, prices keep going up at an even more stagering rate.

Especialy these very expensive reissues, made for fans should have some decent quality control or at least somebod§y in the company who actually cares for the continuation of the brand instead of for saving a few cents per figure. I guess it's the times.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cyberpool

Cyberpool Member

I actually missed 1. And i assume most people did not try to transform Fire Convoy to truck mode since his arm parts will not fit in truk mode AT ALL. Both arm parts have the pegs facing the same direction, so no truk mode.

I'm assuming this is more the norm than the rare case since the shop owner i go to opened up 4 cartons that were returned and all 4 Fire Convoys had the same issue.