Encore God Fire Convoy, LG64 Seaspray and Rione, LG65 Targetmaster Twin Twist & LG66 Targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Got mine for 60% cheaper than retail for one set. The other 40%. Being that they’re recently made, I’m cool with that

2. Timesynch

Timesynch I still function! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow. Glad TT acknowledged that there was a problem with this figure (even if they tried to downplay the QC issues as simple voice clips and printing errors rather than broken and/or badly fitted parts that make transformation unfeasible) and doing something about it with a (refund-only; no exchanges) recall.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After a little free time, the packaging error is that there should be a picture of the combined mode instead of the sword picture shown.

4. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn. From the time I got a second copy 36 hours ago, the price jumped $120 on Amazon JP. I’m feeling like a winner right now. Good call.

5. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well here we go:

C23A8E13-6D45-4791-8CE5-DB4DB33EF9EB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just don't opened the sealed one in case it has QC issues. It can be Schrödinger's Encore God Fire Convoy. :p 
    I have to say, I am genuinely disappointed with this on all fronts.
    First, I loved how they got rid of the chrome because it (theoretically) makes it a lot more durable in the long run, and it also differentiates it from previous releases.
    Then there's TakaraTomy's apology, or lack thereof. As you said earlier, their apology seems to be an excuse.
    Let's be honest: no one gives a damn about that packaging error, and the sounds being swapped were just icing on the cake. A cake made of QC issues across the board. And yes, some people got good copies, but it seems to be something 1/100 odds or maybe even 1/1000. Point being that more people than not seem to have got bad copies. You only have to look at Amazon Japan reviews to see that, and that's putting aside all the people who didn't leave (negative) reviews on Amazon.
    So their "apology" really does feel like an excuse to me. Guys, this is the worst (but far from the only) QC nightmare story with a figure recently, and not only is this the first one you actually even bother apologising for, but you don't even apologise for the more major and common issues just to save face?
    I honestly find TakaraTomy's conduct here rather disgraceful. I'm normally pretty lenient on them and Hasbro, at least to a degree, but they really are just using minor issues as an excuse to save face, and I don't appreciate that at all. It makes me doubly glad I didn't buy the set, even though I adore those toys.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Timesynch

Timesynch I still function! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have to agree with you. I tend to like Takara products more than Hasbro, generally speaking, but I do shop from both so I'm by no means a strict loyalist of one over the other. Takara son, you are disappoint. Especially after the questionable parts swapping and QC issues bungled with MPM-4. Hopefully the upcoming release of Takara MPM-5 is free from defects.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have their been just as bad or worse QC nightmares from them before? I can only recall the coneheads. On one hand I’m glad this happened because it will shut the mouths of the first party only crusaders. On the other hand, it sucks it happened and people won’t be happy on that front.

For my second copy, I’ll prolly AFA it at least. It’s gonna be the treasure in terms of value for my collection. But the crown jewel for me is my Fans Toys Omega Supreme.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully I’ll put my second copy in bubble wrap to keep it protected.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Glad I had way too much on order this month, or I would have considered grabbing one as the packaged box set from a while back had me intrigued. It also helped that I found a junker (which not ever owning the molds, didn't know) that was incomplete at Value Village a month or two back to dink around with and determined that I don't really need one. Neat concept, and maybe it was because the one I found was incomplete, and I didn't have instructions, I decided I don't need this figure. What I pieced together did look pretty imposing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Unfortunately, we're getting a bit of a laundry list now. I know QC issues happen from time to time, but here's a recent list off the top of my head:
    • Masterpiece Movie Optimus Prime (MPM-04) - lots of issues, if I remember correctly, but one of the biggest problems was just that things didn't line up properly in vehicle mode.
    • Masterpiece Movie Bumblebee (MPM-03) - from what I recall, the ankles are a common weak point; they tend to break somewhat easily.
    • Masterpiece Megatron v2 (MP-36) - paint chips off extremely easily, primarily just from posing and transforming him (but as I always say, the amount of paint-chipping is exaggerated - it primarily only chips in specific areas, but I'd argue that's worse since it looks patchier), and certain parts of the transformation mar the plastic. He also has an alignment issue in gun mode which, I've discovered, is because of how the legs are designed (i.e. there's not quite enough clearance room for everything to line up perfectly in alt mode). He looks gorgeous but this brings me to a common issue of recent Masterpiece figures...
    • Masterpiece Inferno (MP-33) (and by proxy, Artfire and, to a lesser extent, Grapple) - paint wears off really easily (at least on my copy - it just rubs straight off the feet, though it doesn't really look like it when looking at the figure itself, just the surface it was on) and paint-chipping out of the box (often due to parts being stuck - myself and many others have had a shoulder or two stuck out of the box, which have white paint on the top so they seem to have transformed them before the painted dried), as well as the (at least in my opinion) recently-recurring Masterpiece issue: Inferno's head gun scratches the side of his head box/collar piece, because of the pin being pushed SLIGHTLY too far through (seriously, it took me a while to notice that the cause was the pin just ever-so-slightly sticking out), but also because it's painted right there, so the design team (again, in my opinion) clearly didn't take into account potential clearance issues between a pin fired into that tiny space and the layer of paint that was to be added in the factory. Maybe it's just me but there seem to have been quite a few of these clearance issue problems with recent Masterpieces (Megatron being another one).
    • Masterpiece Ratchet (MP-30) - paint-chipping out of the box, and just continues to chip off like it's made of powder or something. The point being that the paint on MP Ratchet is garbage quality (but Ironhide seems to be mostly okay). More parts stuck out of the box (for some reason, they moulded some parts in red and painted them white, and vice-versa, if I remember correctly).
    And that's not to mention all the paint-chipping on MP Optimus Primal, Cheetor and even Sunstreaker (MP-39 Sunstreaker's hands chip quite easily, I've found, because the way they collapse into the arm cavities exposes the outside of the hands to black plastic sharp enough to just scrape the paint off - making sure they don't scrape when transforming him is very difficult because of, you guessed it, clearance issues because the paint wasn't taken into account).

Legends figures have had some issues too (Topspin/Twin Twist having a Targetmaster with two of the same leg sometimes; Overlord having cracking issues around a pin or two; Weirdwolf retaining the cracking cockpit hinge from the Hasbro release), but they've also improved figures too (Generations Waspinator's wings often broke over time, but the Legends release appears to be rock-solid; Titans Return Skullcruncher is a disastrously floppy mess, but the Legends release tightens it up... not enough, mind you, but it's an improvement at least).
    I could go on but you get the point.

Paint seems to be one of TakaraTomy's biggest weakness, which is a real head-scratcher to me considering the price of some of these items, and considering they can do things like their Diaclone Reboot Dianauts pretty much perfectly, with tiny little face details and all. They need to step up their game, dammit. They're far from the only ones, but geez...
    I can just picture someone opening it in 20 years from now going "WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY AFA-GRADE TRANSFORMERS ARE RIDDLED WITH QC ISSUES?!" I'd love to be there for that, hahaha.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’ll make that clear when it gets graded

13. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the chipping isn’t too severe I’m ok with it.

14. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm not okay with it when it just flakes off like on MP Ratchet, or when it's on visible areas like the torso section of MP-36 Megatron. A little chip here or there isn't the end of the world, but TakaraTomy's paint-chipping always seems to be some next-level bullcrap.

15. Fasttrack

Fasttrack Super-Unvincible

News Credits:
    All this QC issue/ Recall stuff for God Fire Convoy is really upsetting
    I never got these figures as a kid. And was excited to get this set. It was expensive. But it was an expense I was willing to pay this once for them. Especially without chipping chrome.
    And then all this happens. Really disappointing

I had already paid for my God Fire Convoy with HLJ before the recall. And when rumblings about a recall started going around the other day, I decided to ship mine before they take it away. Just in case I get a good one. If it’s bad I can just return it for a refund.

HLJ emailed me today about the recall.
    They aren’t accepting any more orders of God Fire Convoy. So you can’t get them there anymore if you still want to get one.

They said I can return mine to them for a full refund.
    But I may open it up first once it arrives next week and see if it’s a dud or not.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Fasttrack

Fasttrack Super-Unvincible

News Credits:
    Was the chipping really that bad on Cheetor and Primal? I have both and while I’ve only recently gotten cheetor and haven’t fiddled with him much. I played around with Primal a ton and haven’t noticed any paint chipping off. Or really any issues.

17. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Honestly, I don't own them yet but I've heard that the paint chips off easily from a lot of people. It's a sort of special textured paint they put on so given how they seem to suck at apply paint to begin with, I'm not entirely surprised that TakaraTomy would have issues with "special" paint. It usually seems to occur around joints. I'll be getting Primal soon so I'll be able to see for myself, but I've definitely heard of numerous paint-chipping issues. It's just par for the course with TT, as far as I'm concerned.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has nothing to do with "sucking" at applying paint. There's just a few really tight rub spots at the joints. Any paint would chip and rub in those scenarios. They're hardly noticeable, IMO.

19. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't aware of all of the QC issues on MPs. Sucks. I have all of them and luckily no issues at all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

I'm glad always buy 2 of everything. Still have an original version and the Cybertron reissue .