Encore God Fire Convoy, LG64 Seaspray and Rione, LG65 Targetmaster Twin Twist & LG66 Targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Oct 2, 2017.

1. DaltiniansTFs

DaltiniansTFs Autobot Wrecker

Ebay:
    I imagine someone already said it by now but what about repainting grotusque in Wilder's colors and using the proper fangry Head? And if any remolding needs to be done just change the top half of the beast head too look more wolflike

• Like Like x 2
  2. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    They kind of screwed up with Doublecross in that regard, I agree. But Windblade still comes with her sword, so I have hope Topspin and Twintwist will still come with an extra gun (maybe each can come with a different half of the gun so together they can appropriately make a twin gun?)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I would love that to be honest, but I don't see it happening :( 

Hope I'm wrong though. Also, assuming the Jumpstarters do come with Peacemaker and Spoilsport, I'm afraid the colors will clash horribly with the figures they're included with. Those two are black and red just like Pinpointer who comes with Windblade (different patterns but still), it worked for me with Windblade since it fits her color-scheme but for the twins? I'm not so sure.

Anyways, I hope we get pictures of this wave soon, it's about time for them to be revealed.

4. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Should be by the end of this week going by previous months.

5. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Pre-orders should be, the images however consistently surfaced about 6 days after the listings leaked.

The listings usually leak in the first week of a month, pictures come around either Tuesday or Wednesday the week after, pre-ordered then follow from Japanese retailers one or two days later.

None of this is set in stone though, but I hope we see those images very soon :) 

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    There we go :lol 

Colors look a bit deeper, but that might just be the image quality. The only obvious differences I'm spotting is that it seems like they lost the red chrome chest on Fire Convoy, and that his license plate reads 00-01 in vehicle mode, although I don’t know if the Japanese version always had this.

Someone who's more familiar with the toy might identify a lot more differences than me though.

EDIT: Also, the Super God Sword has a translucent, purple blade now, it's more show-accurate that way.

It looks amazing, I want it, but I hate the price. It’s just so expensive for what it is. I don’t care if there's more plastic or whatever, paying more for this than a Titan class Transformer or two big-ish Masterpiece figures isn’t feeling right to me.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Optimal Primus

Optimal Primus Enabler

News Credits:
    If the chrome is dialed down on both Fire Convoy's and God Magnus's chests like the pics suggest then I'm all for it.

Losing it doesn't take away from their accuracy to the show. Also means maintainig them will (hopefully) be easier than the vintage versions (is it safe to call something from 2000 "vintage"?).

The price is still a hard pill to swallow, but hopefully once we see what the Japanese preorder prices are people mighy see a price that sits better with them.

9. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    Not if they're in Diaclone or Robot Man X colors!!

I don't think they'll release them in those colors or anything, but a man can dream

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I like Super Fire Convoy, but I'm not paying that kind of money for a combo with God Magnus since I don't care for him.

11. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    The C-001 is new. That is an animation detail that didn't exist on any version of Fire Convoy / RID Optimus.

It seems the chrome is gone on both figures short of the wheels, Autobot symbols, and antenna. Which is probably a good thing.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just busted out my RID Omega Prime and he looks just as amazing now as he did back then. And I certainly didn't have to pay $280 for it.

• Like Like x 4
  13. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Looks like Fire Convoy's vehicle mode might be completely covered in red paint. That'd certainly (partially) explain the price mark up.

They look great, but the price is a hard pill to swallow.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Repairing or remaking the mold could definitely factor into the price. When the club was going to make Defensor they said the mold was either lost or unusable.

It's like when Soundwave was first reissued. He cost more than a typical reissue because they had to repair the mold.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Alistair! I'm not a window washer!

So they figure, "Hey, we're not paying for the repairs/upgrades. Make the fans pay more! :D " and they put a price on it so exorbitant that very few were actually sold. :rolleyes2 

Another theory: someone in Takara wants this reissue to fail, so it's priced out of most budgets! :eek: 

16. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    I bet they had to do some repair work on this one too. Remember back when we got to repaint number three of t he Car Bros. and the molds had degraded so bad. Now look at where we are...

5.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Ancient Alien Theorist

Ebay:
    I remember when these came out back in 99\'/00\' and many (including myself) believed them to be the best TF figures ever up to that point...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    Some of them were, but to be fair they were the first Earth vehicle alt modes in a while. Fire Convoy was a good toy, and a good stand in for a G1 Optimus Prime until Classics. Before Fire Convoy your best G1 Prime was G2 Laser Prime.

19. Operative294

Operative294 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn God Fire Convoy looks really nice in those new colours.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TCJJ

TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Ugh, dammit it, that looks amazing. That they replaced the chrome with gorgeous paint (at least from what we can tell) is really awesome too. I want it, but that price is still absolutely absurd...

• Like Like x 1