Encore God Fire Convoy, LG64 Seaspray and Rione, LG65 Targetmaster Twin Twist & LG66 Targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    It was an Amazon exclusive, released alongside the TLK Primus and (IIRC) the 07 Leader Optimus reissue.

2. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    so its movieverse then?

3. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I think it was given the TLK-EX coding for conveniance more so than anything else.

4. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    In a manner of speaking, yes.

Same as it was marketed over here, in movie packaging usually equals Movieverse.

Despite it not making any sense really.

5. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    One can hope... :p 

6. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I have mixed feelings.

In one hand, yay, more reissues! In the other? I don't really care for RiD or Car Robots. I want to vote with my wallet, but I have no idea what kind of a message I'm sending.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With that Grotusque reveal, I wonder if Takara will just redeco that into Fangry/Wilder, include the Fangry head they haven't used yet, and also throw in Fracas the same way they included Haywire with Doublecross.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  8. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    To be honest I'm quite sick of the Targetmasters already, without even owning a single one.

It's great for the character they belong too, like hell yeah I'm getting that Triggerhappy with Blowpipe, but I despise how they throw in Targetmasters with characters they have no affiliation with and you're supposed to give them to the other figures. What sucks about this is that the figures which include those Targetmasters for others lack their own guns. Doublecross includes nothing aside from Haywire which you should give to Blurr.

It's even more mindnumbing now that they do the Auotobt Targetmasters even though their partners don't even exist yet. Like the Jumpstarters will come with Targetmasters that don’t belong to them, will probably lose their own weapons because of it, and you can't even give them to their partners.

I must say, it was a pleasant surprise that we got Targetmasters in this line, especially for characters that need them (like Triggerhappy) but as of late they are just annoying. I get that Haywire and Fracas are needed now, but don't exclude the figures own accessories because of them. The Jumpstarters are awesome molds and I want the better painted Takara verisons, but this Targetmaster deal is just so irritating to me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm planning to have Blurr and Doublecross just trade guns.

• Like Like x 3
  10. franpincho

franpincho Sunbow or fail TFW2005 Supporter

I never liked RID, but this was a solid, amazing toy. One of the best Primes ever made TBH. Made me buy most of the line.

11. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been thinking maybe the autobot TM will show up in POTP as combiner limbs with their POTP gimmick for someone, Takara could be preemptively releasing them now as they wouldn't include them in a Unite giftset.

12. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've personally wanted the return of the combiner teams, the Headmasters and Targetmasters for years, so I can't really complain. Hopefully we will get the 'missing' Targetmasters (and Headmasters) eventually.

I mean, Grotesque came out of nowhere, so maybe we can expect a few more surprises. As for the weapons, I'm not particularly fond of the TR gun/seat things, anyway. I prefer Takara's approach. I can always get hold of regular weapons. Targetmasters, on the other hand, are a little more rare.

That's why I intend to continue adding to my 'Master' collection while they're still around.

13. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Why wouldn't they just include them in the boxset though? Those characters don't actually need any other weapons so scratch whatever accessories they would have and give them Targetmasters instead, that at least makes sense.

Jumpstarters with Targetmasters don't.

And yes, I'm very well aware that this is complaining on an absurdly high level, but I'm just not happy about how Takara handles these Targetmasters now.

I would prefer if a figure has accessories made specifically for it. Or at least include both the guns and the Targetmaster if you're supposed to give the later to another figure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been thinking that perhaps the plan for the Targetmasters came about later. Takara decided to release the Titans Return weapons/vehicles with the larger Legends figures, and then someone must have suddenly realised they had the perfect opportunity to release the Targetmasters (though a little late for Blurr and Scourge). Takara does like to do their own thing, every now and then.

I've also got a suspicion that someone at Takara finds the TR seat/weapons a bit weird which is why even Windblade and Doublecross are now Targetmasters. There may not necessarily, at the time, have been a plan that the weapons could be given to a more 'appropriate' partner later.

However, going by the webcomic, I wouldn't be surprised if someone is now thinking about releasing some of the other Autobot Targetmaster partners.

15. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably because I don't see them including 4 or 5 TMs and POTP gimmick stuff and keep the same price they have been selling general releases at. It would allow for whatever kind of release it would be general or TT not to have its own pricepoint. Your looking at what an extra $50 or $60 or maybe even more depending on what they remold, but that's just if they end up in a combiner set. If that doesn't happen I don't know why, unless Hasbro doesnt intend to make them and Takara has to do heavy remolds. One way or another we'll find out.

16. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    What POTP gimmick? If they're deluxes and voyagers then combining is the gimmick, which is what would make them candidates for a Unite Warriors boxset in the first place.

Also why 4 or 5? Only 3 are currently without partners, the one from Windblade and the two which will come with the Jumpstarters (presumably).

If the Autobot Targetmasters would be potential candidates for POTP then I see no reason why they wouldn’t simple save the Targetmasters and release them alongside their intended partners instead of giving them away with unrelated figures.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They'll probably do Grotusque first. He did appear in the anime too with Doublecross.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, but Wilder (Fangry) was one of the main characters throughout most of the series.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am aware of that. However most of the Headmaster Jrs for Takara have been consigned to heads even the low hanging fruit such as Siren aka Go Shooter, which could have worked using a remold of Chromedome. And from a long term cost benefit perspective there remains a strong possibility that Hasbro will revisit the headmaster gimmick like they did with combiners (with Power of the Primes) and the fact that extra expenses of a new remold now are probably going to be shouldered by Takara as opposed to Grotusque which is probably something they did with Hasbro. I just think from that perspective they are better off waiting it out and doing the Masterforce Headmasters with Hasbro giving Hasbro's current strong interest in revisiting the latter part of G1.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RazorPrime

RazorPrime Active Member

Selling my god fire and God Magnus