Encore God Fire Convoy, LG64 Seaspray and Rione, LG65 Targetmaster Twin Twist & LG66 Targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    If going by usual trends of Encore (the later pieces that is) one either see these scenarios:

1) Specialty shops & dealers will start clearing these after awhile because of the lack of interest/sales. Collectors will then swamp in for the kill. This is unhealthy for the Encore line.

2) Specialty shops & dealers brought in "limited" amount of stocks because of weak preorders & these quickly soldout, the aftermarket value will then balloon to a new height. This is unhealthy to the collectors.

Whichever scenario it is, we might run into another instance whereby Encore line will again, enter hiatus mode & not resurface again for another 5 years.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    They also are unlikely to make anywhere near as many units as they did back in 2000. People like to bring up in these threads about these reissue toys "I only paid such and such for it in 2001", but unless Hasbro is putting them out at every Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, etc. they are never again going to be only $30 toys.

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    It's not that that's an unpopular thing to hear. It's that it doesn't compute.

You are comparing a leader class figure from 2000 as it was then to a leader class figure from 2017 as it is now.

I'm comparing a leader class figure from 2000 as it was then to a leader class figure from 2000 as it is now. That includes the higher plastic count because inflation takes into account the higher cost of manufacturing, more or less.

Of course, there are other factors involved: tariff cost changes, differences in manufacturing costs in China vs Vietnam, manufacturing mold transportation and/or repair, TakaraTOMY simply pricing it higher because they believe the market can handle it...but without knowing for sure those other factors, inflation adjustment based on the country it was manufactured in is the most viable KNOWN factor...and there's still a big difference in the price it should be according to inflation and the price TT has it set for.

In the end, it is what it is. Folks who want it at a cheaper price would be advised to wait it out for a sale on BBTS or HLJ when it might drop to a more reasonable $200 for a short time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    When you purchase in wholesale quantities, there's wiggle room for sale pricing. Most likely, places like BBTS or HLJ will be able to sell these at $200-225 for a short time and still swing a profit. It's when they go to clearance pricing, like 50% or more off, that we should be concerned.

5. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yet people were unable to see this logic with the Transformers Club...

• Like Like x 1
  6. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Except Encore has never been a limited scale release line, aside from some e-hobby repaints. They are mass produced figures for Japan.

7. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which still does not equate into a Hasbro mass-release that's at Walmart, Target, TRU, and others' thousands of stores.

8. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Depends on the pedal.

Used Boss SD-1? $25

New Walrus Audio Luminary? $320+

It's damn near the price of a decent to good used amp head, which I'm currently in the market for since both of mine are older than dirt and need cap jobs or replacements. And that's a tough one to swallow. Amp or God Fire Convoy? Hmmm.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    That's a different market, though. It's still a Japan mass-release at all of the equivalent stores. Remember, it was a Japan only item until hasbro decided it needed a "band-aid" line to develop Armada.

10. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There a chance BBTS will drop the price like they did for some MPs (ie Laser/Shockwave)?

Just if God Convoy will come with anything else the original giftset didn't. Also assuming this isn't the clear plastic like the original giftset?

11. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any guesses when the encore God Fire will go up on HLJ, they always seem to be far behind BBTS

• Like Like x 1
  12. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Early next week probably.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    The price has been set in yen, so it's not likely to go down. A price only tends to go down if we don't know the MSRP in Japan and BBTS is just taking a stab in the dark at what it will be. This is usually when a figure is shown / revealed before any vendor solicitations. Which doesn't happen often.

Probably within a week. Japanese websites almost always wait until the official solicitations (with photos) appear. As their bound to follow guidelines when they can start accepting preorders (much like USA based retailers do the same for USA based toy companies).

Non-Japanese sites aren't as bound to that regulation (for imports) and tend to get their solicitation materials from other sources (Hasbro Asia) which are sometimes earlier.

Randy

• Like Like x 1
  14. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Member

And here I was hoping there was a mistranslation and we had an encore god ginrai in fire guts appearance. I am surprised encore is spreading out past G1. Oh well. Happy for those wanting this figure. 

15. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

I got the original Fire Convoy and God Magnus last year for less than half the price Takara is charging, so until price cuts happen, I'm not touching this thing.

When it goes into clearance for a more reasonable price, like $100-$120, then I might consider it.

16. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

It's clearly different to a series of Hasbro markets. While this line is likely to have been initiated with far less Hasbro input than Armada, costs as well as profit would still have been contributed to by the subsequent Hasbro release, (The arrangement is of mutual benefit after all). Besides, many people in this thread have been making price comparisons directly to Hasbro releases.

The release is not limited in the sense of distribution to retail stores, but to suggest that quantities produced will be on the same scale as Car Robots is unlikely, the market simply isn't there. As larger items, they were also likely the flagship product at the time and possibly priced as a loss leader/reduced margin item to carry interest in a line of higher margin products.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  17. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    You know what? You just had me thinking that maybe I should take a chance & wait out for the e-Hobby release instead. That's when we'll probably see these in black.

I've owned multiple variants of these guys at some point (regular Hasbro release, regular Takara release, TRU DX giftset, Sonokong/Korean version & even the Sam Club exclusive)... :) 

Just not the black ones.

LD Black Super Fire Convoy I'd passed on 4 times, with the last one being a stup#d mistake on eBay as a loose complete piece went for USD $900 & below.

LD God Magnus, I've only known of one trader from Japan who claims that he has him in a DX giftset together with LD Super Fire Convoy & black Super God Sword for sale at an affordable price of USD $20+K.

Those were several years back...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    eHOBBY tends to avoid big sets these days. You'll note everything released from them over the last couple of years has been smaller.

Cloud figures - Voyagers
    Deadlock - Deluxe
    Convobat - Deluxe with extra accessories
    Magna Convoy - Voyager

I think after Black Rodimus Convoy and the SG set, they're trying to avoid big expensive things.

Randy

19. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Just because others have been making price comparisons to Hasbro releases doesn't make it correct.

No, I'd suggest it would be on the same scale as past Encore releases...which was a very large quantity that should not impact the overall potential profit margin when it comes to produced inventory. It could hypothetically be on a smaller scale...but history shows that Encore releases are so readily available, they usually hit clearance pricing at some point.

20. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Amazon Japan has the Orion Pax set listed as TLK-EX so this is movie line? im confused now