Encore God Fire Convoy, LG64 Seaspray and Rione, LG65 Targetmaster Twin Twist & LG66 Targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Oct 2, 2017.

1. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I think for my Super Fire Convoy and God Magnus they were $69.99 apiece (ish). If you want to look at a current leader class being $45 today, my guess is Fire Convoy weighs at least as much as 2 of them, probably closer to 3. Same thing with God Magnus. At least twice as heavy. So if you look at it from a weight point of view God Fire Convoy weighs as much as 5 current leader class figures, you're talking ~$225. Throw in electronics, actual rubber tires, high part count, and it being a release in lower numbers, I would say it's not that bad, especially if they throw in the God Sword.

2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Too bad about that price, a little bit of searching through ebay and you could probably buy the originals for close to the same price, or buy the American versions and just get one of the many add-on sets for the sword for close to $250. I'd planned on tracking the set down again after I sold my original, but the price on this is pretty absurd, so maybe someday.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a ton of other factors in pricing besides weight, including art, design, testing, molding etc. They don't have to worry about a lot of that with a reissue. The point of me saying that is to say that this isn't a 1 to 1 situation. All I can say is that for a consumer, you can get these guys for less right this moment, sealed in box from online resellers. So, I just don't think $265-280 is a good or competitive price. Maybe the profit margin isn't super high, I really don't know, but for a consumer, it's not a good price.

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    I already have the individually boxed Takara 2000 original Super Fire Convoy and God Magnus. Plus the TRU Japan God Fire Convoy clear set with the God Sword. This new re release is a bonus...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Any possibility they fix SeaSpray's head issue? With it not folding in in alt mode.

6. Latooni

Latooni Gestalt Junkie

I wonder what sort of deco the Jumpstarter twins'll have. They didn't appear in the Headmasters or other JG1 stuff, did they?

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    welp just say the price on BBTS and no sale. I already have a RID 2000 Ultra Magnus andi am damn sure i could get an Optimus prime for less than that.

8. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

Damn, just saw the price of God Fire Convoy. Yeaaaaah, I can live without it.

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Nah...I'm cool with these done in Black & not following the color scheme from their LD counterparts.

LD version spots black & gold. They could gimme black & teal (Nemesis Prime's shades) or even black & red (Black Convoy's shades) & I'll be happy with either. :) 

10. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    They never appeared in any animation.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I'm not disagreeing with you. As you said a lot of the overhead expenses have been covered, so unless they have to do a lot to fix the mold or something, they should be able to release it cheaper. However, I was just bring up the fact that if you were to do it by weight (and perhaps even parts count), to get these figures made today, it would be pretty expensive, certainly more than what they originally MSRP'ed.

• Like Like x 2
  12. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand why it's so expensive, but since I still have my RiD Prime in pretty great shape, I'd rather focus on finding a good God Magnus to go with it.

13. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I do not think any toy company ever gave discounts due to not needing to design or test a toy unless the product was meant to go to the discount bin. The price is just due to because they can.

Besides, you pay about the same for a Bandai Chogokin product too; why the double standard for TakaraTOMY? Oh, there is no die-cast? Come on, Bandai would probably charge you the same with or without die-cast.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mikequillm

mikequillm Wrecker

For me it depends on whether they are clear versions. BTW in the US the separate Optimus and Magnus were $40 apiece. I bought the Japanese versions and then the US versions the moment they hit walmart. Godfire is the reason I got back into collecting

15. deathdrive

deathdrive Well-Known Member

I wonder if god fire convoy will have any fixes to him.. if its just a straight reissue then ima stick to my original and just buy wheel replacements. Its 350 sgd i saw the pre order open its madness

16. mikequillm

mikequillm Wrecker

The Japanese versions of these i bought were i believe $90 each. I just wonder if the plastic will be the same quality

17. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto THEY'RE TURNING THE FREAKING BOTS GRAY

News Credits:
    Jeez... $280? Thats like 3 guitar pedals. Or like one payment at sweetwater on a bitching guitar. Or like 25 sets of strings. Or like anything else worth $280

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    Almost Ringgit Malaysia 1,200 eh... ? Hmmm.

19. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

I think Gizmotron hit the nail on the head. The re-release of Prime and Magnus is a limited run. Despite having relatively lower pre-production and (possibly) production costs, each unit is required to offset a greater amount of cost due to the comparatively small release. A comparison to a wide scale release over a decade ago isn't really valid, and will only frustrate people further.

I won't be buying it as mine are still in great condition and this release is priced way higher than my desire to own a minty version, but I understand how niche this product is, which inevitably comes with a cost. Economies of scale and all.

20. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I still don't have Fire Convoy or God Magnus in any form at all, so... Might be in for this. On deep discount unless its some ridiculous version though