Encore Devs + add-ons...what to get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by supervir2, Dec 19, 2011.

1. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I'm looking at getting the Encore Devastator and upgrading him w/ some of the new add-on parts (CHMS, JB, and/or Crazydevy).

Obviously the first two of those group haven't been released, but of what's out there from Crazydevy, what is worth it (and what fits - apart from the yet-to-be-released encore versions) from those that have them?

Assuming the other sets work with the encore release, I like the head from the CHMS set and the arms from the JB one...seem to have the best likeness and best articulation. I'd also like a purple barrel.

Which CD pieces are best? What say you!

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I think this encore version might not be compatible with some crazy devy parts from what I heard

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    CD is releasing pieces for the encore set. From my understanding each version of Devi has different tolerances and thus need a pecific set made for them. CD released one thing for the encore set. CD parts are expensive for what you get.

Keep and eye out on the other two. Im confused who is putting out what with the other two groups but I know one is putting out a decent set for a real great price.

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

JB's Predaking parts were a great deal. That's as far as I can recommend them.

I'm happy with my CD parts but to be honest I would have waited to see how the CHMS matches up.

5. supervir2

News Credits:
    I realize the difference in the tolerances and various releases of the CD parts. I guess what I'm asking is of the sets that people have...which do they feel enhance the figure most or do something trivial.

6. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    I liked all the CD Devy upgrades, except CDMW-09: the waist swivel one (unnecessary unless you must have some torso articulation; it leaves a weird looking gap, only covered by the chest wing piece. It comes with that unmovable tilted shoulder extension for Scavenger (lame; only useful for posing holding the rifle in a certain way)... but it does come with the purple, show accurate barrel for Mixmaster.

The articulated hands look good... as long as you don't move them around (because the fingers fall off easily). Other than that, the parts are solid, don't mess up your Devy (unlike their Predaking parts, which I have all of them and don't like 1/2 as much as the Devy parts), and really enhance the figure.

The ones I consider worthwhile were:

- CDMW01: LED, show accurate head
    - CDMW02: articulated thigh extensions
    - CDMW05: articulated hands & big gun
    - CDMW08: black, show accurate forearms (fits the new hands better; looks strong like Popeye)

The last one (CDMW25) is nice for the bigger chest shield, and a replacement waist/hip swivelly pieces (and if you prefer a silver barrel for Mixy), but in my mind, unnecessary. The original chest shield is only a tad smaller.

7. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    I've got a couple of CD upgrade parts but I think the upcoming CHMS stuff looks the best. Also a lot easier on the wallet. I'd wait for a couple reviews though to find out about CQ and such.
    Still, prettiest face sculpt and legs if you ask me.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I am just getting the Encore Devy, I never thought id be able to afford to get a minty fresh G1 Devy so this reissue is a dream come true for me. By the way has there been any official word on where they found the molds for the constructicons? I know they were believed lost or destroyed.

9. supervir2

News Credits:
    Ultimately, I think i'm going to mix and match. The Junkion Blacksmith proto looks to have the best arm articulation while the CHMS one looks to have the best head. My big debate is which set of legs to go with - both of those sets have legs, but I might like the CD the best. Still a waiting game, I guess