Encore Devastator Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Rodimus Major, Dec 7, 2011.

1. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I have always wanted this set. As a little boy, I would just hold them at KayBee Toy Store. Never got them though. I don't know if I want to pay that much.

2. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So far I've had a crappy KO of Devastator, a "high quality" KO of Devastator, a used G1 set and now this. Out of the group, this is easily my favorite. I should tell you that I'm quite biased toward reissues anyway, but I really like this version of the mold. The mold changes to Hook are perfect. The small deco changes don't bother me at all. I wish Devastator didn't hunch over so much in combined mode, but that's been a problem with the mold since day one. Maybe it's the Devastator fever, but I'm inclined to strongly recommend this set. Compared to the recent reissues of the Seacons and Combaticons, these molds are in much better condition. The packaging is also beautiful. I know a lot of your wallets are already squeezed by other Devastators, but don't forget about the OG.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad to hear so many folks are really enjoying this set. It looks like it turned out really great. I went ahead and finally ordered one :) 

4. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    Nine years later, finally got the recent reissue from BigBad. Looks the same as this one so I'll necro this I guess.

Devastator was one of those combiners I wanted so badly as a kid but was only able to get a couple constructions. Even as an adult he stood out to me being one of the few unique combiners after scramble city took over.

He still looks pretty cool. Clearly a monstrous hulk, barely humanoid conglamoration. He doesn't hold together as well as I would like and is as articulate as most G1. Among other G1 figures I have no doubt that he would look great.

He seems overpriced though. $130 for this small, dated toy. I think I only payed a little more for the Titan class modern version which is better in every way. Still, he fills a hole I've had for decades.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    At 130 you REALLY overpaid.

6. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are there any differences between the Encore version vs the new Walmart reissue?

The Encore one was commanding around $130+ before that WM reissue.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Nope. No differences.