Encore Devastator Pics

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Batman, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno man. If I paid a lot of cash for that Id seriously be PISSED to see the stickers on all shitty like that, the rub sign gets wasted, missing gun..crappy plastic...colors off.

No...does NOT look good to me at all. If there was ONE thing I would really want from this set, it would be the box...I LOVE G1 artwork.

3. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

Yeah...seriously considering cancelling my pre-order for this set now. Damn, decisions, decisions. I was SO looking forward to this guy too! SMH.

4. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I think the HQ ko is better than the official reissue. The ko has Richer green paint, sticker sheets, all the correct guns, and its cheaper! takara, I am dissapoint:( 

5. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Disappointed no pictures in this review thread.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe I am a lot more lenient with reissues by Takara and Hasbro then I should be, but I have come to expect these things from both companies since I started collecting reissues in 2001.

The gun is a packing mistake, not all versions will be packaged with the wrong gun.

I wouldn't get all up in arms about the coloring of Devastator yet or the quality. The reviewer seems to be basing this off of his memories of having this toy as a child. How can you say something looks different or feels different from something you probably haven't handled in 2 decades?

The stickers are a bit of a bummer though for sure and for $120 they really should have made them better.

There are tons of pictures in the review if you click the link. It is not my review so I didn't want to mirror the pictures without the reviewers permission.

7. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Ha! For the price Takara is asking for... I'd rather invest in an original G1....serious pass..

8. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah this is a very high price reissue to have QC issues. considering a beefy 2010 predaking is what, $50 more then this? I'd expect quite a bit more for the asking price. no scratch that, I'd expect shiny g1 perfection.

happy I didn't pre-order this.

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a nice review...maybe I missed this earlier when the initial reports of missing Mixmaster heads started popping up, but is this only an Asian release problem and not a Japanese release issue as well, or is it popping up in both?

10. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just looked at my brothers G1 Dev and they look exactly the same. The green and the slightly lighter green of some of the parts and the placement of the rub symbol on mixmaster are the same. The only difference are the black windows on hook but other than that they look the same.

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    You can get the KO one as well. That one was perfect for me, and like $70.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Just paid for my encore Devi. It comes up to much more than $70. lol

I don't care though because I love combiners and I love Devi and in about 6 months I will have 3 different versions of him to add to my display. Maybe I will have them try and dismantle my Movie Devs. This also means that I can finally get rid of that $10 knock off that has been holding a spot for Devs in my G1 collection.

13. Alucard77

News Credits:
    If you got that Devy, you gotta get the Crazy Devy parts. They are well worth it.

Takes great and turns it into awe, wait for it, some. AWESOMENESS.

I am also crazy enough to have:
    - G1 mint in KO Box Devastator
    - KO G1 Devastator with Crazy Devy Parts
    - Big Lots Yellow $12 KO Devastator
    - 2/6th of hercules

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Actually my nephew is waiting for me to get my encore Dev because I promised him my KO version.

I love my 3rd party stuff and have spent some stupid money on puchases I like but know I paid a lot for. CD is something I just can not get behind. With Herc almost here and Giant around the corner, CD has no room in my collection.

Alucard, are you crazy enough to own Movie Devastator? You ain't hardcore until you can stomach seeing that lump of plastic bits in your collection lol

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    But it will, it will. Trust me on it. You can get the combo pack if anything. Whenever that comes out.

It really does look awesome with it. Just makes the whole figure.

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Or you can compare with that new kit in the works that has everything at once.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    TBH I see some picture of a fully clad CD Devi and they are nice. Not nice enough for the price though. I also like my G1\s to be G1. That collection serves a purpose and to me it is pretty much locked into what it is. Even if someone made a perfect G1 Arcee I could not add her to my G1 for as I mentioned, that series is finished and locked into what it is.

Once this I can add are upgrade parts like that BTS martix/backpack set. I could go for more G1 peripherals.

I may bite on the CD parts or that new companies set when the price becomes real.

18. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, that kit still has a little bit to go. I would be interested in seeing it all done. But the hips look wrong on it. Some of the other stuff look fine.

I also wonder if there will be ratcheting joints on that one. That is what the CD set is missing. Ball joints just don't cut it. Also, need something for shoulder articulation.

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Thats the biggest turn off for me about the CD set. They have that piece that turns out Scavanger in arm mode but it locks there. I would rather it just be left at the side than look like it should be in a sling.

I'm surprised neither company has done anything about shoulder articulation.

20. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    The way they combine, it would be almost impossible to do so without altering the figures, or extending them out, which might look odd.