Encore Cassettes Vol 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by GogDog, Aug 10, 2009.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Got these today. Love them, love them, love them. The use of tampoing over stickers made these stand out. I passed on Vol 1 because I had 3/4 of them, but now I feel compelled to get them if the quality is the same as these.

All the joints are tight, as are the weapons. Steeljaw has a bit of different coloring going on. His feet and legs are more of a lemon yellow, while his body is slighty more oranger. I don't mind it at all; I actually like the look. I don't believe this was the case on the Steeljaw I got with TFC Blaster (Broadcast).

The plastic quality feels much better over the last cassette pack I got, the Kissplay Position tapes, which felt like a much softer plastic. *EDIT* I was wrong, the legs are diecast. My mistake.

If you can find these, I highly recommend them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whoa, even some of the screws are painted over with the tape label deails. (guess that makes sense, as they would probably be covered over with stickers originally.)

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been waiting for someone to review these. They look great, I can't wait to get mine :)  Thanks for the review and sweet ass pictures.

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    these look really nice

5. GogDog

News Credits:
    Oops, I was wrong. The legs are diecast.

6. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Both sets of the Encore cassettes are on their way to me, can't wait for them to get here.

Thanks for the crisp pictures and the positive report!

7. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    Encore 17 Big Mission Vol. 2 Ramhorn Steeljaw Ratbat Slugfest Cassettes Photos

:gen069: 
    See ALL the photos at KO TOYS

Encore 17 Big Mission Vol. 2 Ramhorn Steeljaw Ratbat Slugfest Cassettes Photos

He shoots, HE SCORES, HaT TriCK :bay 

and the crowd goes WiLd! :drunk :dj :rock :music 

Here are photos of the new Encore 17 Big Mission Vol. 2 which contains Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Ratbat and Slugfest.

I love cassette transformers and I have been waiting for these reissues for a while. Luckily I did not need Steeljaw as I already have the reissue from the Blaster TFC book reissue, and I am very happy I do as...

This steeljaw in encore 17 is made from 2 different colors of yellow plastic. One is drastically lighter then the others. Now this is still kind of cool, but if you want a steeljaw that does not look like a KO or your G1 Steeljaw, this isnt what you are probably after.... Even the sticker is FAR TOO BRIGHT, and really makes the cassette look cheap. The sticker is also weaker then the TFC reissue as you can see a screw in one corner, where on the TFC reissue you can not.

Other Cassettes, IMO, look very nice. Ratbat is much better compared to his KO counterpart. Ratbat was one of the high end KOs that was not great as he was a little loose... this one is nice and tight and has gold weapons.

Ramhorn and Slugfest I have nothing to compare them to, no previous reissues and I do not own a G1, but I enjoy them alot :) 

So since I already havea steel jaw t
    hat looks like the G1 counterpart, Im happy to get this odd looking one... but if some people might not be very happy with him...

Now as usual, I took a ton of photos of these, I picked out 88 from the load I took. I took a lot so that you can inspect the quality closely from the photos and so that you could have a good amount of photos for comparisons.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The steeljaw on the left is the TFC book reissue, the one on the right in the next 2 photos is the encore 17
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  8. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Looks nice

9. GogDog

News Credits:
  10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Merged. :) 

11. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    doh, was already on here...

o well 2 for 3

no hat trick

ill get the insecticons up tomorro

12. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
  13. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Well, just because they weren't first doesn't mean they aren't appreciated, and aren't worth posting.

Too bad I have a $18k to pay for right now, I'd have to get a set of these. Ah well. Hooray for pictures.

14. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Just thought I would post a couple of pictures highlighting the differences between my original cassettes, which I bought with some of my first pocket money as a young lad, and these new releases.

In general they are pretty much spot on but there are some issues.

Any pictures below which have two cassettes show the original on the left and encore on the right.

Ramhorn original, at least my version, came with silver chromed weapons. I know that some came with gold chrome, but mine were silver ;) 
    [​IMG]

Ramhorn encore has gold chromed weapons and slightly different coloured plastic.
    [​IMG]

You can see the colour difference in this picture.
    [​IMG]

And on the other side you can see the differences in artwork. Different colours used on the artwork as well as positioning of the mc60 label. The plastic on this one also feels much more flimsy/flexible/cheap than the original.
    [​IMG]

Rambat from my youth also came with silver chrome.
    [​IMG]

Whereas Ratbat encore has gold.
    [​IMG]

The back of the cassettes are not too different, just plastic colour is odd.
    [​IMG]

The front shows a lot of difference, with the artwork being different colour, labels in odd places and the inner window of the cassette in my original was a sticker whereas in the encore, it is painted on.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing.

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Got these last week. Fantastic release, never had these cassettes and they are pretty awesome. Absolutely nothing wrong with mine QC wise either, great plastic, good paint, just perfect.

Not much else to say about them really, highly recommended. Now just need to bring out the rest of the cassettecons and I'll be one happy pappy :D 

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm liking the tapes very much, especially where the original tape label stickers were replaced with paint apps. (tape label decals are just so tough to keep nice) Only issue I might have is the mismatched yellows on Steeljaw, which is only a issue to me in tape mode, and a minor nitpick at that. It's a great bunch if you like minty-fresh tapes.

17. TF76

TF76 Member

18. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Cool set! Makes me wish I had a soundwave and a blaster!

By the way, Nice Black Lagoon sig Gog Dog!

19. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm really thinking of picking this set up..love the cassettes and these seem good quality. Good that it's tampo and not stickers!

20. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    interestingly i compared the encore ratbat to the 25th anniversary soundwave version, encore uses tampos and says made in china, 25th says made in japan and used stickers!