Encore Bruticus Reissue: Anything good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by highlander3000, Aug 3, 2009.

1. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I've heard a lot of negative reviews of this toy. Has anyone got a good one? From what I've read it seems that the whole lot is bad but sometimes people who are satisfied with a product don't say much. So, is there anyone who got a good Bruticus?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Plenty of people have gotten Bruticus and are happy with him. I'm still waiting for mine but I've heard from others.

3. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

Encore Bruticus is worth it! I got my set today, took lots of pictures, applied all of the labels. Tight joints, didn't see any mold degredation, and keeping the Combaticons combined as Bruticus. Looks great next to my Menasor. He's fully armed to the teeth with all of the weapons, except the smaller weapons from the 4 smaller limbs. Pm me if I should upload my pics that I took. Waiting for an eventual review from Peaugh, or any other board member that has Encore Bruticus.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BUY IT!! I own it and think its great.

However.. if you love Diecast then I would suggest passing on this set because you could get a vintage metal set for another 50 or 60 bucks.

I'm fine with mine, i'll post pics if you need them!

5. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think the main let down with bruticus is that it used the same mould as the ruination toys (although it did reinstate the launcher), the ruination mould does have some untidyness and collectors including myself were hoping for a cleaner looking version. I guess its in the 'meister' group of encores where there are fairly significant differences between a G1 and the encore.

its not that its terrible, more that many were hoping it would be better.