Encore #23 - Fortress Maximus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BĂȘte Noire, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    If you are referring to Spike, the arms are just on friction pegs and can be removed/swapped very easily.

2. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Zarak has them too.

3. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On mine, the large green plastic door at his right chest drops down by itself too easily. I'm looking at some of the Youtube video, they look very secure as the reviewer move FMax. Not sure if it's just on mine but it looks like I would need to put some clear clue on the joint when I open him again.

4. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah I plan to sticker him up maybe this weekend but I havnt transformed him yet. I want to get to the base mode soon and yeah it was WELL worth the wait cause man this boy is BIG and I really dont know if BIG is the word for him either.

5. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anyone hear from TFsource on this? it was listed as "in Stock" and now its back to preorder...

6. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

News Credits:

Yeah, I noticed that too a couple days ago. That's the thing that's got me worried, if it was still "in stock" I would just wait for it to arrive without any concern on when it arrives.

7. rodimusprime2007

rodimusprime2007 Act Think Speak As If It Was Your Last Breath

Ebay:
    Im getting a little upset with TFSource, I have PO from BBTS and had it shipped the same week it has arrived. Its going on the 2nd week and still nothing. I understand they have orders before me to fill, but this is ridiculous. I could have ordered it when it arrived and had it quicker I think.

8. UltraMattimus

UltraMattimus Well-Known Member

Same deal here. I'm really trying to remain patient cuz they've never let me down in the past but not even a shipping confirmation at this point is starting to worry and piss me off. These cost too damn much for TFSource to drop the ball on. I've also sent several emails to check on status and no reply. They've never not replied before.

I think something bad is going on.

9. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh hey, I didn't even notice it was back to pre-order. I'm officially pissed off.

I've been having the same problem and am incredibly frustrated. I emailed them Wednesday- no response. Emailed them Friday- no response. Emailed them TODAY - no f*cking response.

What the F is going on? This is ridiculous. Glad (not GLAD per se) that I'm not the only one. They have $350 of my dollars. I want it back.

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I am sure you guys will get them from TFSource eventually, this does sound pretty ridiculous and the lack of communication is even worse. This is the second major release they have dropped the ball on in the last few months. If it were me, I would take my business elsewhere.

11. worldsgreatest

News Credits:
    True. I don't mind waiting. I just want an idea of what's going on.

12. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Cerebros' arms are supposed to have the screws in front. Fortress (Spike)'s thighs on the other hand are supposed to be curved outwards.

Guys stop picking Fortress Maximus! It is not that the quality check is especially bad, it is just that most of us do not do such in depth quality check when it comes to normal toys.

The only widespread problems are Cerebros' overly tight left knee (which some vintage and Brave Maximus' stated they have the same problem, and the joint smoothens out itself after a couple of transformations anyway.) and Fortress (Spike)'s thighs being assembled on the wrong side.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Emailed TFSource. It's pretty sad that they are the ONLY place that has preorder customers still waiting for this guy.

14. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    That's what I'm doing. Taking my business elsewhere. In the past few months I've been noticing more and more complaints about Tfsource's service. For a while I thought maybe I was just having bad luck, but it looks like a lot of other people are having problems with them too. I really wanted to like these guys and make them my go to Transformers store. But there are times when I need help from customer service, and I don't want to be waiting and wondering if my email will actually get a reply. I think it's better if I just buy from BBTS and settle for a less mint box.

And there's no excuse for them to list an item as In Stock and then ship out new orders while paid preorders still haven't been taken care of.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^agreed, think i'm done with tfsource if they can't get their shit together

16. worldsgreatest

News Credits:
    I'm going to email them every morning until they respond. So far, email #4 was sent this morning! First one was last Wednesday! Huzzah!

17. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    got my Fort Max from BBTS today! He is awesome! Box came in perfect shape. Most of the time things get smacked up but he was perfect!

18. UltraMattimus

UltraMattimus Well-Known Member

Finally got an email from TFSource after leaving them a message on their voice mail this morning:

I'm taking this as good news. I have to think they don't want to screw this one up any more than we want it to get screwed up. This has got to be one of the biggest/most anticipated TF in years and would probably harm their business if they blew it.

For me, this is the only problem I've ever had with TFSource. Just sucks it has to be on such an expensive and anticipated item.

19. worldsgreatest

News Credits:
    Cool. Thanks for posting that information. That's all I needed!

20. karaokeninja

karaokeninja Well-Known Member

I got my Encore Fortress Maximus last night. YAYYY! However, he has some problems. Spike's thighs are are backwards. But he has another problem:

There is also a red double-barreled gun that hides inside of the left hand of the large Fortress Maximus robot. One of the clips that holds the double-barreled gun is either incorrectly shaped or damaged so the gun falls out instead of staying in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.