Encore #22 - Twincast

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ThinkTank Customs, Feb 22, 2012.

1. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    Wow. Nice paint changes... and the cassette bots came out PERFECT. I was worried about the color of orange and gray. But looks like it will be really nice!

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is probably the "glass half full" way of looking at it, but I'm hoping Takara bothering to reissue Twincast and Soundblaster again means the combiner cassettes and dino-cassettes could get reissued in more cassette four-packs in the future.

3. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1 - They're popular in the West just because we never got them, but for the Japanese, they were just random toys that never made it on the show.

2 - They're honestly not that great toys, objectively. Squawkbox and Slamdance are much better proportioned robots with better articulation. As individuals, they're pretty decent though. I totally love my KOs of them, but I know that on paper they're not that great.

3 - They haven't even released more "mainstream" cassetteformers yet, I'd imagine they need to come first.

4 - Maybe the molds are gone ;_;

4. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What do you mean? All of the other G1 cassettes (Eject/Rewind, Ramhorn, Steeljaw, Frenzy/Rumble, Buzzsaw/Laserbeak, Ratbat, Ravage, Overkill, Slugfest) have already seen at least one reissue in Encore before and Steeljaw, Laserbeak, Ratbat, Ravage, Ramhorn, Buzzsaw and one of Eject/Rewind have all seen at least one reissue elsewhere in the U.S. or Japan.

The cassette combiners (Grandslam/Raindance & Beastbox/Squawktalk) and the Japanese dino combiners are the only ones left that haven't seen a reissue of any kind.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, guess I'm spending another 70 bucks lol. I really like Twincast but that packaging sealed the deal for me. LOVE the G1 art!

6. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is, a huge step up from the boring eHobby box used for the previous reissue. I want to see the Soundblaster box now too.

7. in.cog.nito

in.cog.nito Till all are none

I've been waiting almost 8 months on preorder. Just release him already.

8. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guess I counted wrong, I thought there were more to come than just the combiners. Oh well, I would still expect as Slamdance/Squawkbox reissue before Legout/Decibel.

9. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    They switched the guns around on the molds... Nightstalker has Ravage's guns and Stripes has Steeljaw's guns.

10. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Yup! That was revealed in the first photos and I think is a nice touch to make them more different.

Randy

11. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

I never got around to picking up Twincast the first time so this will be a must have - especially since I'm a sucker for tapes. Already have Soundblaster, but damn those tapes! I guess I could use another SB for my small army of SW's...

12. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know i was thinking, does anyone outside of the "1984 age group" even know what cassettes or these mini cassettes are any more?

I think the Dino cassettes and combiner cassettes are the only ones no to get a re-issue. However since i have SquawkBox i can wait.

13. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Probably not, but unless someone has information stating otherwise, Takara reissues are aimed more at collectors anyways.
    2. You are correct, those molds are the only ones that haven't seen a reissue in Encore or elsewhere.

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

The only thing I would really like would be the box, since it looks like the originals box. I hate the ehobby box.

15. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I like that they do that. It's kinda cool

Shame I can't afford these Encores :( 

16. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I'm interested in Twincast because I don't have him, I have Soundblaster, though. Another big reason I'm interested in both are the cassettes. Love the repaints, and love that they're actually doing a toy of Enemy!

17. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I actually only have Blaster and Soundblaster, but knowing how bulky Blaster is, I am not very keen on importing Twincast. Still don't know what to do.... As I look at them more, I like that red Jaguar, too.

I watched an old VHS with my kids, and when I told them to "rewind it to the beginnng" when we finished watching, they absolutely had no idea what I was talking about :lolol  My older son loves Cassetterons/bots though.

18. Duximus Prime

Duximus Prime Chronomancer

Ebay:
    I seem to be the only one here who doesn't care about the repainted cassettes since they are not canonical characters. Would anyone be interested in buying all four alone? If so, PM me.

19. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Steeljaw redeco Nightstalker was part of the Marvel UK comics and Stripes was cut from the '86 movie, so there's that at least.

Enemy is a nice throw-in since he's a sort of Diaclone reissue that can be lumped in with the eHobby Garboil/Howlback two-pack from awhile ago.

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    still WANT.