Encore 15 review

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by blurrprime, Apr 23, 2009.

1. blurrprime

blurrprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but that was really painful to watch. Some points you might want to focus on:

1 - There was way too much dead air. You don't necessarily need to be chattering away every second, but it made for an incredibly boring video hearing pretty much nothing at all.

2 - Get a tripod or set the camera down on a flat surface. It was shakey as hell and I think it could have cut down the video time down a lot if you'd had both hands to transform the cassette-bots with. (That said, kudos to you for being able to do that one-handed!)

3 - Find a lighter coloured background. The wood floor (I'm assuming it was the floor) was a little too dark and made a lot of the details on the darker coloured figures blend into the background a bit.

4 - While there is no doubt that the boxes are always gorgeous on these Encores, and I can understand you wanting to show off the artwork and pictures, showing us every single side of the box when some of the pictures repeat is kind of boring.

Honestly, I couldn't finish watching it. It was just too boring. Sorry, I know I'm coming across like a jerk right now, but I'm just trying to give some constructive criticism to help you out. With some more dialogue, a steadier camera and lighter background, that could have been a really great video.