Employee Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ratchets Hatch, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    This is a thread where you can show your thanks to helpful employees who made your Transformer-hunting experience a little better - whether it was helping you find a particular TF, pulling one from the back for you, or just not asking why you were buying a kid's toy.

Personally, I always appreciate it when a cashier gets a penny from the cup so they can give you back bills instead of a pile of change.

So yeah, share your stories!

2. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    I remember a dude at my local Walmart going into the back, looking for, and pulling out what I think was the only DotM Megatron they had left for me to buy. I told him he was awesome.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

They're not store employees, but I have to give a shout-out to fellow collector buddies: Soundblaster1 and Squall42080. They've helped me out a lot in the last 4 years.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    To the random guy at Target that got me a Wheeljack.

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

A couple, actually. All of them recent, and all of them Target employees.

The man in electronics at Target El Cajon, who went into the back room when the Prime RID line was first sighted, and pulled out a box of Voyagers, giving us early access to Megatron.

The woman in electronics at Target Plaza Bonita, who, despite having just dealt with a bunch of know-nothing customers asking her all manner of questions about phones, was friendly and called the back room, resulting in me owning a Prime RID Soundwave.

The guest services crews at both Targets Santee and El Cajon, who found and held a Prime RID Bulkhead for us at El Cajon when the only one they had at Santee turned out to be broken the moment we opened it.

Major props for my friend T-Kat, who works at a Target and scopes out the toy section constantly, even grabbing stuff for me if she sees it before I do and has some cash on-hand. Half my Prime collection wouldn't exist without her help.

Also, though it's not TF-related, a shout out to the crews at TRU Grossmont and TRU Mission Bay, who have helped me and my wife expand her Monster High collection, including letting us know when they put out the new stuff.

6. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to give props to Target employees in general. I've had them run to the back several times to bust open a box and get me the figures that I wanted. I remember once, there was this nice guy who ran the DPCI I gave him, saw there was some in the back, but came out later and apologized that despite being in their system, the box just wasn't there. After seeing how disappointed I was, he pulled out his cell phone and called every single Target in the area to give them the DPCI and see if any of them had it. The closest one we found was across town, but he was REALLY helpful. I couldn't thank him enough. Because of him, I got the only DOTM Darksteel I've ever seen.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I have a guy at the TRU that I frequent who is AWESOME. He knows a lot and is willing to learn more. He is a full timer there so he invests more time in to his job vs most of the teens that work part time.

I scored 2 FE Bulkheads because of him and they were the only two I ever saw. He actually put them aside for me without me asking. He actually does that for me and all I do is just tell him who I am looking for.

For him I am very thankful and I do give him gift cards in return from time to time to show my appreciation.

8. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    At Wal-Mart some employees were putting out the DOTM voyagers. I was looking through them and a guy asked which one I was looking for. Skyhammer. I didn't find one so I went on about my shopping. Guy came after me and brought me a Skyhammer. :) 

9. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've had a lot of luck with target and walmart employees. They have gone out of their way when something wasn't on the shelf.

10. ShadowXD

ShadowXD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotta give thanks to all the reviewers on YouTube like Vange1us, Peagh, Optibotmus, ssjautobot, anikeninvader, fxfranz, Mitchsantona, and all the other reviewers and make me actually hunt for toy if it is good.
    Not sure if this counts though

11. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The lady at Target that secure TFP Bulkhead for me. Had I not called, I probably wouldnt had have it now. Have not seen another one in any stores since.

Oh and the kind person that left a post in the NC sightings that reported the store had the figure.

12. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

The nice guy at TRU who with out I never would've found PRID Soundwave also helped me find two Mari who I still needed :D 

13. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Recently:

1. A girl at a TRU branch got me 2 baskets, one to carry the stuff I was getting from their store and another basket for the stuff I got somewhere else, and she carried them for me while I as picking out items from the shelves. I asked her to set them down on the floor since they're heavy, she told me it was okay.

2. Another girl from a different TRU branch got me a basket and carried it for me while I was choosing from the TFP FE on the pegs, and a guy got all their TF FE Cliffjumper stock for me to choose from.

3. A girl from a Toy Kingdom branch got me a basket and carried it for me so I can choose from PCCs on clearance.

A while back:

1. A girl from a TRU offered me the MP Grimlock, and informed me there were still several in their stock room in case I wanted to choose over them. But instead of buying MP Grimlock, I got movieverse stuff. :banghead: 

2. When Battleblades Bee went on clearance and there were no more to be found on the pegs, I casually asked a TRU employee if they have any left, he got me a case full to choose from.

14. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    1. Local Target employee who went to the back to open up a fresh case of the DotM exclusives to get me a Space Case.

2. Local Target employee who searched for the box of PriD Voyagers so I could get each. Thought Megatron might be hard to get.

15. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Both the Walmarts in my town have incredible stock people. They will pallet dive for me, if I am in there a few nights in a row, they say (never had to have them do it), they will hold the case for me and wait for me to get there at night (course I hunt at 11pm during stock time). Plus, one of the two Walmarts hired a really cute little stock girl who seems to be extra nice to me. I always tell them that I will stock the rest of the case, but there must have been something that came down from corporate recently, because they have told me at both that they can't let me do that recently. So instead I just clean up the aisle for them.

Gotta give props to a manager at a local Target as well. I was hunting for an exclusive for my cousin that just came in, and there was no location for it in the back room. As much as I insisted that it was fine, she was bound and determined to track it down for me, and finally settled on calling another store (even though I kept telling her it was fine). I think I got a little flirty with her as well. Please, thank you, joking with employees, and not looking (too) crazy has done me well with the employees at local stores. Hell, for some reason the security guard at Ross loves me. I think the other part of it is I have worked in retail before, and it takes quite a bit for me to blow a fuse. I also have gotten pretty lucky on my hunts the last few years. I love the smell of commerce in the morning.

Couple that with the fact that even if I get older, the girls at retail stay the same age. How can I not be happy to be greeted by a smiling face every time I go to a store.

16. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

The really pleasant bag-security guy at TRU, Brent Cross. (In the UK, for a short time, TRU made you check rucksacks in at entry to stifle shoplifters.)

Normally, I resent checking my bag, especially because it was Christmas time and I had several very expensive bottles of booze in there as presents.

I told the guy so and he was careful with my rucksack and, when it came time to collect it (and place PCC Salvage and Undertow within it, which had been hard to find and I was chuffed to do so) we had a sweet chat about good booze and cold nights.

Really friendly and rounded off a succesful evening of plastic crack hunting.

17. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Only one TRU employee ever went in the back to check for toys, and that's how I got PRID Arcee and Ratchet.

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    everybody on TFW2005 who has had helped me humbly one way of the other!
    you know who you are guys! :D 
    much appreciated, as always! :thumb :

19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Back in January when getting Prime RID deluxes early was all the rage, a Toys R Us employee named Mo and I got to talking about collecting. I had purchased already one of the new planet/minifgure/minibuild sets for Lego Star Wars along a GI Joe Techno Viper, as it was the first time I've ever seen one in person. Well, I had the stock number handy, so I figure why not ask? The guy was a total bro and brought out a fresh, untouched, un-opened case of 8...wave 1 Prime RID deluxes. I snagged a Wheeljack and a Soundwave, thanks to him.

20. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

To my awesome coworkers who put up with me being a Transformers collector... You guys rock!
    And Judging from what you guys have said, I might have some luck getting different transformers (other than Pegwarmerbee) from Wal-Mart by asking if they have any in the back, so TFW2005, you guys rock too!