Empire Magazine's 50 Worst Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Baccala1976, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

2. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Baccala1976

It's a sad day when "Showgirls" is a better movie

4. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Feel like I'm being baited into another idiotic Patriots of ROTF vs The Haters of Bay battle, but eff it.

This list is retarded. If it's the 50 worst movies of all time, it's a terrible and inaccurate list, and if it's as viewed by comic book geeks, it's even a worse list. ROTF is there because it is chic to call it a bad movie now, and because it made so much money. Face it... if critics said it was decent to good it wouldn't even be there. Not to mention half of the list is spoof movies... Spoof movies are never intended to be quality cinema, so how do they even qualify? Year One is near the bottom of the list, no mention of Street Fighter CHun Li (though the original Street Fighter, which was better, makes the list) or Dragonball, more Uwe Boll flicks aren't there Pearl Harbor isn't mention (bad movie though I enjoy parts of it) Land of the Lost isn't mentioned, Will Ferrell's HORRIBLE Stranger than Fiction isn't there, no Superman Returns, no XMen 3 (which I enjoyed IN SOME PARTS), No Wolverine, none of the Star Wars prequels, that movie were Arnold S. is pregnant, no SUper Mario Brothers... This list claims it is voted on by fans, but that's bull. This list was obviously made by a group of people working for Empire. ROTF would either be really high on the list, or not on the list at all if fans voted.

People like to find even reason to mention ROTF ever. Guys lets leave it alone. Movie 3 is about to start filming. Let it die.

5. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Showgirls is better for one reason only: It's extravagant display of tits. Anyone who claims it better for any reason other than that... :stick: 

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You..........have got.......to be kidding me.......

LEAVE THE F**KING MOVIE ALONE! It's been 6 months! People need to f**king drop it and go screw with something else.

I agree with what you said. The only reason it's getting so much negative attention and continuous bashing is because it's a mediocre movie that made a ton of money. It's become a trend.

7. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YOu know what..In some ways I see your point. I loved Matix Revoultions, and some other movies on the list.
    But ROTF will forever be on my worst list. But if you liked it then thats cool too..
    Shit I liked Pearl Harbor and Amargatten was great.

8. Baccala1976

Maybe........

....or maybe it's POSSIBLE that there were people who have seen the movie that thought it was ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES EVER.

Put me in that group.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

We need to hire the "Leave Britney Alone" guy-girl to make a Youtube for Transformers. And the irony of people complaining that we should move on only six months later is that people still complaint about films like "Batman and Robin" and 'Battlefield Earth" over a decade later.

And the readers of Empire Magazine have spoken, and yet....life goes on.

Edit: Southland Tales is fucking awesome. I can't believe it made that list.

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Man, how much bashing is RoTF getting these days?

11. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

Not nearly enough.

Perhaps it's an English thing. EVERYONE I know who saw ROTF thought it was utter, utter shit. So it doesn't suprise me at all to find Empire readers voting it into that list.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh for fuck's sake, not again.
    Some of you hate the movie, some of us don't. You think we're wrong, and we're past caring.
    End of.

13. Triceradon

Triceradon In it for the rage

Exactly.

What's needed to be said has been said. Theres been enough bashing, defending, more bashing, more defending, and enough hyperbole to last 5 lifetimes.

Save some of your energy for the next movie.

14. smkspy

I have to agree, but I think we all have to realize that the movie is going to continue making these lists for years and years to come. We can groan "Move on" all we want until we're blue in the face, but the only way to possibly move on is for people here not to create threads when they find these lists...and that's not gonna happen either. So we're stuck with this vicious cycle.

I honestly wonder if Batman fans have similar threads whenever "Batman & Robin" makes these lists. "Gah Batman & Robin sucks donkey balls zomg!!!", "Shut up!! I'm sick of the criticism!! It's been nearly fifteen years already! Let. It. GO!"

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

:thumbs2: 

16. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha. I love ROTF. He's so funny.

17. Vector Squidma

Vector Squidma Smalltime Casual

News Credits:
    As one of the three people who actually liked the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, I gotta say that everyone who liked ROTF is in for a rough decade at the very least.

Oh wait, I liked ROTF too. FUCK :banghead: 

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    HAHA Batman and Robin. Can anyone argue with that one?

NO!

19. smkspy

Ha, well it would help if people stop acting like someone slapped their mother when a person posts one of these threads.

I mean, seriously, these lists have absolutely no impact on culture at all. They're done for fun, and it's quite fun to give poorly made movies a hard time. Even films like ROTF or Matrix Revolutions, which most certainly aren't the worst movies ever made, but they do attrach both criticism and praise. I find more value in that than movies that universally have their asses kissed or universally hated. Hell, I can even find entertainment value in Batman & Robin, a find that I find myself watching every time it airs on Starz or Encore recently. It's dumb, It's goofy, It's entirely over-acted, but it's also a lot of fun to watch and even more fun to make fun of.

20. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I completely agree. While there are some terrible movies on this list, it's far from what I'd call a "worst of all time" list. There are some much, much worst movies that should be on that list if that's what it really was.