Empire magazine ROTF pics - first look!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The pictures are interesting, but don't really show much. What is interesting though, is the fact Robert Downey Jr. is the new Sherlock Holmes. He's a good actor, but I'm not sure how well he'll pull off the role. It's not something I would imagine him doing. Though I'm going to wait to actually see the movie before forming an opinion about it (like i do with almost all movies).

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know I think the net gives them a marketing tool that Hollywood lacked in the old days so if you leak the right stuff to the right people then you can start building buzz cheap and early to save the big budget marketing push for closer to the release date.

Not us at the target for early buzz because we are going to either go because we like the movie universe or skip it because we don't like the movie universe. But I could see them wanting to hit up that teen market before they are distracted by other things or worse out for the summer with less contact with their peers. Thus why we are likely to see lots of promo stuff with Fox to get the attention of teen guys at this stage of marketing.

Not so sure about for the old fans, the first film just sort of gave me the feeling of it was all about new fans, and ouch they acted like there aren't any Decepticon fans.

I'm sure the summer will be just like every summer action film where it's marketing to the point of getting tired of all the ads during every show you watch. So in some ways it's sort of nice not having to endure the movie marketing bombardment for a while.

3. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I've been collecting transformers since 1985, and have been following the online fandom since 1996, and I still have trouble buying such concepts as "Decepticons Fans" and "Autobots Fans". I guess I'm just a Transformers fan and leave it at that. :p 

Imagine now a Hollywood exec or Spielberg even telling Bay, Orci and Kurtzman while editing the first movie: "WTF! Why didn't you think about the Decepticons Fans?!"

-airfox