Elite Guard Stuff

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Torque, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Hey, just a thread for discussion about the Elite Guard and whatnot, wanted to get one started. So far, we know Ultra Magnus, Sentinel Prime, and Jazz are in it, and possibly Ironhide. But will there be a 5th member? Groups in TV shows usually have 3 or 5, very rarely 4.

Oh,and :useless  and i dont know where to find them...

2. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't have the line-art for the other, and I don't feel like finding them.

Beside Autobot Supreme Commander Ultra Magnus is the only one that matters.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If there are more than the 3 that we know of so far, I'm thinking that Blurr could be one of them (he is supposed to show up at some point). Personally, as long as the 3 that we currently know of get toys, I'll be a happy camper (especially UM, but, he's basically been confirmed not only for a toy, but apparently a Leader class one for that matter). Ironhide could turn out to be one of them, but, I wouldn't put too much hope into it. He's also one I currently don't see getting a toy, though it would be an easy repaint/remold, if Hasbro decided to make one (that is assuming he scans an earth-mode, and that it's similar in shape to that of Ratchet's).

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    yeah, unless Ironhide gets a big part or alt. similar to Ratchet's, i unfortunately doubt he will get a toy. but there is one thing that baffles me-how the heck does Ultra Magnus transform?! i mean, 4 of the 8 wheels are there, but where did the others go? his back?

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that 2 of them are on the insides of his shoulders (think like how Classics Bumblebee's back tires to into his torso in bot-mode), and that the other 2 are on his back or something. I think we'll get a much better understanding of his transformation once we see some pictures of his toy, but that could be a while from now. I personally think it's kinda cool that the bot-modes don't really look like they could transform into their alt-modes, till we either see them transform on the screen, or we study the toy pictures till we can give a good guess at how they would be able to (Prime is an exception to his, imo, but, then again, his transformation is a bit generic, but, it does fit him).

6. thekryle

thekryle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jazz.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The Magnus robot mode line art is not complete. He's got some kind of weapon, I'd imagine that's where the rest of the vehicle goes - into the weapons.

As far as the Elite Guard goes, we know Ultra Magnus, Sentinel Prime and Jazz have those fancy winged logos. I'd guess Blurr as well, and perhaps even Springer. Hasbro wants to cover the Triple Changers, and an Animated Springer would be very cool, a great fit for the aesthetic. That's just wishful thinking on my part though.

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Looks like a regular joe wearing mechanical boots and mechanical oversized shoulderpads. While I can stand the Autobots we've seen so far, Jazz is too organic looking.

9. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    For real?

I had thought the Animated line was not going to have anything bigger than Voyager.

10. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Same sentiments. Face is too long, visors should be bigger, and I miss the pointy things on his head. The organic look is probably cos of his lower abdomen and thighs.

11. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Nope plus on the note of ironhide getting a toy I think it could happen since I'm pretty sure hes gonna scan an earth form simaliar to ratchet but if we don't get him no sweat we get classic 2.0/universe ironhide(which I rather want)

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Springer would, imo, look really cool in the Animated line. It would also give us one Autobot triple changer, and one Decepticon triple changer.

Recent news has confirmed that the 3 Leaders that were in the listing a while back are for the Animated line, and we now know who those 3 will be. Ultra Magnus, Bulkhead, and Earth Megatron.

While I think a Universe Ironhide is highly likely, it hasn't been confirmed yet. Animated Ironhide getting a toy all depends on what his Earth-mode is like (that is assuming he does scan one), and how much screen time he gets. While I would definetly buy a repaint/remold of Ratchet as him, I'm not going to put too much hope in it happening.

13. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Ngah? How'd I miss that piece of news?

Oh whateva. Yay Leaders! :D 

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    well, Blurr is in a later episode, i think (check the episode synopsis thing) and an Animated Springer would be AWESOME!!

Also, i think i know how jazz transforms ^^ push his head down and flip the top of the car upwards so its in the right spot. his legs swing back like they do with the movie jazz, and then his shoulders filp inwards, bringing out wheels. arms become doors, he bends his legs at the knee for the back of the car and WALA! a Lotus Elise style car mode.

15. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hey, is it just me, or does the Elite guard not even show up season 1?

16. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    No its not just you they show up in the 1st episode of season 2.