Elite Guard repaints...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Nov 25, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I had a thought with the Elite Guard repaints of Optimus' team from Animated. They were never actually used in the cartoon and there's two things you could possibly do with them.

1. After the events of the series maybe Optimus' team were made honorary members of the Elite Guard. This doesn't really work for Prowl's Elite Guard repaint because he died but it could work for the others. Maybe Ratchet and Bulkhead turned down the offer to join and that's why they didn't get toys?

2. Maybe there's an alternate universe where the Elite Guard versions would make sense. Like Optimus doesn't drop out of the Elite Guard and Sentinel gets kicked out after the incident with Elita-One.

Optimus would then later be the drill instructor in boot camp instead of Sentinel. Because their personalities are totally different they could of handled to same situation differently. Like Bulkhead was causing all the trouble that got both him and Bumblebee in trouble with Sentinel but if it were Optimus he wouldn't have blamed Bumblebee for Bulkhead's mistakes. Shockwave may of still gotten away with framing Wasp but because Bumblebee was the one who helped capture Wasp and wasn't getting in trouble for Bulkhead being clumsy then Bumblebee could of joined the Elite Guard with Longarm and Ironhide.

Prowl's back story could also change so that he and Jazz basically trade places.

We don't really know anything about Blurr but I'm thinking that Sentinel, Blurr, and Jazz are the Elite Guard version of Optimus, Bumblebee, and Prowl. Not in personality but just in the rivalry between the characters. So swapping them in an alternate reality could still have that rivalry but the story on Earth would play out MUCH differently.

Sentinel's disgust of organics and of course leading this team instead of Optimus. Would the Autobots even be seen as good guys? Another thing that would change is that Optimus would actually believe Sentinel about the Decepticons where as Sentinel was not willing to listen to Optimus in the main universe. But then also Sentinel would find out about Blackarachnia before Optimus and not sure how that would play out differently.

Ratchet wouldn't have that friendship with Sentinel like he did with Optimus. I don't think he would even know Optimus if they switched places.

Bulkhead wouldn't have that friendship with Bumblebee in this universe but he would be the most likely one to make friends with Sari. Blurr is Bumblebee's replacement in the line up but I can't see them having that same kind of friendship.

Jazz would be initially disgusted by organics like he was in the main universe but would eventually come around. He was always the most level headed of the Elite Guard members who came to Earth.

The really difficult one to swap is Blurr and Bumblebee because if Blurr was the one on Earth then Bumblebee would be the one who ends up being remote controlled by Master Disaster. They found Blurr because of Bumblebee's immaturity. They had a rivalry as being speedsters but Blurr doesn't have that immaturity to push the plot forward. Unless Bulkhead some how recognizes Bumblebee's Earth mode watching him on TV they wouldn't have any reason to go check out the races. The Elite Guard would actually have to come in and rescue him when they realize he wasn't reporting in.

Ultra Magnus' team would have a whole new dynamic with Optimus, Bumblebee, and Prowl working under him. Obviously none of them had any issues with organics except Ultra Magnus. Magnus probably would have less respect for Sentinel Prime then he has for Optimus in the main universe. The team wouldn't been more modest. Not trying to show off to Sentinel's team. This might also allow for a more mature Bumblebee because he made it into the Elite Guard instead of hanging out with Bulkhead.

It's kinda like a mirror universe except instead of Shattered Glass it's swapping the 3 Elite Guard repaints with the 3 Elite Guard characters who work directly with Ultra Magnus. I don't know that it would actually work with that switch I just though it was an interesting idea to discuss. Ignoring how stupid this idea may be I just wanna talk about how you think the team dynamics and the stories would change.

2. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    uhh...what? The only one with an elite guard repaint was Bumblebee(and optimus via reprolabels if you so chose...)

3. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Optimus had a japan exclusive elite guard repaint. Prowl had one as well which is his G1 colours, japanese exclusive again.

The rest doesn't have much to do with toys as with what if scenarios. "What if Earth team 2" does not make much sense besides Jazz adapting to earth's culture as Prowl. Optimus and Bumblebee were much better bots [kind hearted, so to speak] than Sentinel and Blurr.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware they were Japan exclusives but yes Optimus Prime and Prowl do have Elite Guard repaints. Actually all 3 of them have two separate Elite Guard toys.

Elite Guard Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

Elite Guard Bumblebee
    [​IMG]

Elite Guard Prowl
    [​IMG]

Legends versions
    [​IMG]