Elite Guard Metalhawk Toy Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Foster, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    So in TFCC Dion's bio, found in the Timelines: Wings of Honor store release just published, it's made mentioned that Dion is "under the direct command of Metalhawk" in the Autobot Elite Guard. So what I'd like to see is a TFCC Elite Guard Metalhawk toy!

There are a few nice jet modes out there that could work. I'd prefer a deluxe or voyager, and not a movie or Animated mold. Energon Skyblast was one suggestion I'd read but I think scouts are too small for someone in Autobot command.

The original Metalhawk has the same shoulder pads traditionally seen on Decepticon seekers and was also a fighter jet. He was also a swordsman. So I think either the Armada or Cybertron voyager Starscreams would be good choices. If we had to go deluxe, any of the recent Starscream molds would be fine by me. Or even the Robotmasters seeker mold! Other ideas?

Edit: Or Cyclonus with a new head! Can't believe I forgot him! :lol 

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Cybertron/Galaxy Force Voyager Starscream mold would be best.

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Armada and Cybertron Starscreams were also the first two molds to come to mind, so uh, I second those.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Cyclonus would work pretty well. A-E-C's Starscreams wouldn't seem right - Energon is already established as the proto-Seeker, Cybertron's is probably too much a Decepticon design, and I personally don't care for Armada Starscream.

I do care about Metalhawk though, so I'll happily buy whoever he ends up being. I can't get a vintage for my collection, so this will do.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Cyclonus would work pretty well. A-E-C's Starscreams wouldn't seem right - Energon is already established as the proto-Seeker, Cybertron's is probably too much a Decepticon design, and I personally don't care for Armada Starscream.

I do care about Metalhawk though, so I'll happily buy whoever he ends up being. I can't get a vintage for my collection, so this will do.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Here's a thought. Metalhawk, as an Energon seeker, was one of Skyquake's troops originally, trained in combat as the other seekers. But he switches sides after bearing witness to Megatron's cruelty to Dion and other civilians on Cybertron and dedicates his allegiance to the Autobots. I kind of like the sound of that.

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are Ultras off the table?

Energon or Cybertron Wing Saber would be sweet.

8. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

I don't really care what mold he is, it's Masterforce! As long as the Bio makes a reference to God Ginrai and it looks like Metalhawk, I WANT it!

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i don't care what mold it is, i just want a metalhawk toy

10. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm all for using the Armada or Voyager Cybertron molds, I would of coarse love it if they used Fosters idea of him being trained by the Seekers... this way I could still display him with the rest of them and still feel good about it :D 

I think the Cybertron mold would be a better fit but that's more for reasons of my display's aesthetics than anything. I need one more use of the Cybertron mold to balance their formation but I'll take either one. Maybe they'll use it again for Classics/Universe again :D 

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

If it's a freebie, Cyclonus is a good bet. Although up till now the freebies (aside from Heatwave) haven't had remolded heads, and Cyclonus' head has trouble looking like anyone BUT Cyclonus.

If not that mold.... maybe (I know folks won't like this) Universe Silverbolt? He's very humanoid, and has a generic enough chest design that he could probably be made to look somewhat like Metalhawk.

The idea of Metalhawk as a "reformed Proto-Seeker" is definitely appealing (and fits the Elite Guard theme), but I doubt they would break out the Energon Starscream mold again after using it twice for Botcon.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

*Looks up original Metalhawk*

Classics Cyclonus with a new head.

It can't be anyone else. And the non-freebie TFCC exclusive figures always get new heads.

13. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bust out some digibashes! :p 
    That sucks, I would really love a Hooligan from the comic.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm the one that mentioned Energon Skyblast, but that thread got deleted.

The freebies have mostly been scouts (4 out of 6). I just hope we get a Metalhawk figure... mold be damned!

15. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So are we assuming this will be a deluxe freebie for 2011? Or the 2nd club exclusive?

Cuz the ultras I mentioned would fit with the latter. I don't see a leader type character being a scout. Tryin' to think what other Deluxe jets from AEC/classics he could be. Cyclonus definitely would fit the bill though.

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i predict 2nd club exclusive

17. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I had a cheap one not to long ago for $100.00. It wasn't complete but it had some of the main parts.

Brillant!!!!!!

18. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell yeah for Metalhawk figure. I like the Energon SS mold also.

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    after seeing the other thread, i started checking out more pics of metalhawk... and thinking about this same thing... the classics seeker mold would definitely work, but has been used to death...i like the idea of him as an energon seeker mold who defects...that's cool...but i think maybe armada or cybertron starscream would work really well...

or cybertron wing saber...defintely has the right bot mode, but the vehicle isn't right...

either way, if the club does a new figure of him i'd be stoked on getting him...

i think the armada mold might be the best...and it could come with a repaint of the armada star sabre so he could go all double sworded... the possibilities are definitely getting me interested in joining again after Dion...just wish they could let us know now, so we could plan on this stuff...cuz i'm thinking about just customizing one instead...

20. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Please make more japanese G1 figures!