Elita One Higher Ranking Than Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I think you'll get a good laugh out of the current MLP fanbase

2. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Why can't people just sit back and enjoy the huge awesomely-voiced metal men? I mean, we have Arcee to sort of balance things out. Sure, it's no TFA, but we have three seasons. Let's all just stop bitching and enjoy the explosions!

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    :lol 

For real..there's more bronies than ponies in that group now!!

4. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I think you should have a word with Dran0n, Spunky.

5. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Y'know, I'll accept that theory. Plus 10.

And don't talk trash about the ponies, unless you're ready to throw down!

6. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I really don't want to get involved, but I must.

I have a theroy. It's quite possiple that Spunky here wants her to be in Prime and be higher in rank because it's that old G1 thing. You get so used to a character, that you want them to appear in everything, and be the best character ever.

That, or Spunky obsessed over fembots. Either one will do.

7. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

keep it as fan fiction and give it to your friends spunky, i will let the Prime development team tell the stories they want, and i will enjoy it, most likely more then yours. mainly i can see yours as Elita One/Spunky dominating Optimus and takes the Autobots on a glorious return from hiding and defeating the Decepticons

8. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Ok, let's just end this. I realize there's nothing but tons of "Optimus must be Mecha-Jesus only males are worthy of savior roles" on this board. I have my view and you have yours. If TF Prime never adopts it, oh well. I'll just lose interest. I know female TF fans who think the same way I do and want to see a female commander who's Prime's equal and want to have more female TFs in the show. I don't think you people represent a huge proportion of the TF Prime audience and in the end, Hasbro is going to do its own thing. The TF board posters were bitching and complaining when Optimus was made a long-nosed semi and Megatron was made a tank instead of a gun. Now a great many of them embrace the change and think its cool. Many bitched about Arcee being in the movies but are now in love with her character in TFP. Transformers is about change and change happens and it can even happen to your sacred "Optimus the male is the only wing that makes the eagle fly" cow.

9. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

actually, you seem to be the only one dragging gender into all this, no one else does. added to the that is you seem to be a very vocal minority who wants to set your views on the rest of us. then branding the rest of us sexist since we dont agree with you.

also i dont recall the fandom hating the idea of Arcee in the movies, i recall most of the hate being aimed at the "realistic" approach to the designs.

you greatest wish for change in Transformers would only happen if Hasbro decided to change its demographic, something i dont think would happen. or if it did, you would consider sexist after dragging gender into it somehow.

10. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your whole interest in TF: Prime hangs on your pipe dream of Optimus Prime serving a fembot? Holy shit that's fucked up. Why do you even like Transformers if that's the only thing you're looking for in the series? Why do absolutely need this to happen? I just...I-...I can't...

[​IMG]

11. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

Okay, so I don't have a problem with the cast as it stands, and although I'd like to see more female characters too I don't feel it's any kind of problem that would make me leave. Buuuut:

Can someone explain to me how one female character out of more than five "sort of balances things out?" Because "it's not a problem" is one thing, but "it's balanced" is... yeah, no, no it's not.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know; in a way, that's a subtle compliment. It implies that Arcee is worth more than five of her male peers.

13. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But that becomes a problem itself; positive discrimination is still discrimination.

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Actually, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has got almost unheard of and massive cross gender and cross demographic appeal. It's honestly an amazing achievement of quality writing over cheap concept.

Lauren Faust has so far hit massive home runs with the show; and I feel her absence will be noticed in the second season.

Moving on, so far Transformers Prime has been pretty excellent, especially for Transformers and the inclusion of Arcee to the main cast has been a positive step forward done the right way. If the writers try too hard, they'd be accused of tokenism and the product wouldn't be any good. Instead they have chosen a single character and chosen to make her stand on her own merits. So far I would argue a success; me personally wouldn't mind seeing some old G1 femmes recreated here or even some brand new ones built from the ground up.

Give it time, you never know your luck.

15. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

Thank you! This.

Also, don't get me wrong, I really like Arcee, but I was also hoping that we'd see a female Decepticon who's a steady character. And sadly... no. *sigh*

At least we didn't get ridiculous "She's ambitious! Proof: she hits on all the powerful male 'Cons!" nonsense.

And... I gotta say, the fact that Airachnid was voiced by Gina Torres almost makes up for the appearing and vanishing and not being a core character thing.

Almost.