Elita One Higher Ranking Than Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I was thinking about the character, Scarlett in G.I. Joe Renegades, and how, unlike previous G.I. Joe incarnations, she is higher ranking than Duke. I thought that was interesting. What if, in Transformers Prime, Elita One is actually higher ranking than Optimus? She's commanding a crew of Autobots when her ship visits Earth. She finds Optimus, doesn't quite approve of what he is doing on Earth, and maybe threatens to pull his rank. Maybe she feels he's being a little reckless and doesn't quite approve of how he's handling things. I don't know if I would quite like this idea, but it would sure be a twist.

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For one we have no idea if Elita will show up. Second, I don't like the idea of her being of higher rank than Prime. It defeats the purpose of the show. Optimus is the big cheese here in this universe.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Elite One
    Opimus Prime

... *coughs*

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I hate when people ask questions like these. Not because spectulation is bad... because spectulation about a character that isn't in the show, nor probably ever will be, is a bit ridiculous.

5. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Maybe she'll piss an even bigger cheese off and get demoted to Prime's rank. Then they can be equal.

Actually, I thought it would be an interesting twist, but actually, I like them being the same rank. If Prime's a descendent of the original 13, maybe he doesn't know it yet and he's simply called "Prime" because they chose to name his rank after the original 13 Primes to honor them. In other words, they call all Autobots with his rank, "Prime", even though none of them are descendents.

As for Elita One, maybe "One" is the name they give to female commanders of the same rank. Males are called "Primes" and females are called "Ones". I think it would be interesting if had an episode where her and her team visited Earth and it revealed friction between the two. Though both extremely capable and noble commanders, Elita is somehow angry with Prime for some reason and maybe even questions his whole role on Earth. She may have very justifiable anger against him. Maybe Prime did something in his past that wasn't so noble that angered her.

6. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well TFP is borrowing alot from Animated. And that show had Elita One. So that's why I think there's a good chance she's showing up in TFP. Maybe not season one. Maybe not even season 2. Perhaps season 3. I don't think they are going to make her become an evil spider (I hope not). But I think her chances are good.

7. Epsilon

Epsilon Autobot Archivist

I respectfully disagree with you, I think a question like this while it is technically improbable doesn't mean that its impossible. I got a chance to speak to some of the TFP animators this weekend and they said that they were just about locked into three seasons; thats quite a bit of episodes in which anything could happen, so Elita showing up can't be completely and totally ruled out.

As for Spunky's original question, I agree it would be a hellva twist. I'm not sure how much I like the idea of her pulling rank on Prime, its kinda of hard for me to imagine anyone pulling rank on this particular Optimus; with TFA it worked with him not being the highest ranking bot out there but in the Prime universe I like him being the top bot. BUT I would squee like a little girl to see her not just appear in TFP but to see some sort of friction between the two. Even if it isn't her pulling rank on him maybe then her showing up and giving him a guilt trip lecture. Maybe for, as Spunky said, for something less than noble he did in his past or his role on Earth. I could see her being less than thrilled at the fact that he's allowed three children to become stuck in the middle of all of this, to say nothing of the whole human race, that would be reason enough for her to give him a good kick in the aft. ;) 

8. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL at this whole thread.

Prime is using the same story bible as WFC, Exodus and the Hall of Fame. Optimus is the head honcho of the Autobots and the rightful ruler of Cybertron. There's none of that Animated stuff where Prime simply means Captain: A Prime follows in the footsteps of the original Thirteen Primes as leader of the children of Primus. The brand bible borrows as much from Animated as other incarnations but its Prime terminology is not one of them.

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Higher ranking than PRIME? So Elita-One would become one of the Thirteen Original Primes or what?

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe once she bends over & takes his last name after the joining.

Elita Prime?

... I like that.

11. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I just thought about a crazy fanfic idea. I'm currently writing an "X-Files"/"Transformers Prime" crossover in which Mulder and Scully finally meet the bots in TF Prime, and, like the three teens, need their protection. Ratchet becomes Scully's guardian and Optimus becomes Mulder's and they move into their base. Anyways, I can see Elita coming to Earth and getting pissed at Prime for involving 5 humans and the entire human race in their conflict. She's got issues with him from the past as well and she just may be using her dissatisfaction with the Autobot's situation with the human race as a cover for passed issues she pissed off about. Anyways, Mulder wants to have a chat with her and see if he can change her mind, since, as not only a human, but an adult human at that, he is the one who should be most aware of how needed the Autobots are on Earth. Prime tells Mulder to stay out of it. That this is between him and her only. But Mulder decides to talk to her anyways and see if he can change her mind about the whole Autobot situation on Earth. He feels that if he can do so, she and her crew may be more apt to want to work with the bots on Earth to not only stop the Decepticons, but other alien invaders who plan to wipe out the human race on December 21st, 2012.

12. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

No Elita One, Arcee is enough fembot for the show. And Elita being a higher ranking than Optimus? Seriously?! NO. Wth??!

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd rather have Optimus Prime at the highest rank. One could become it's own rank if they choose to.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would "The One" lineage include Keanu Reeves?

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Not really. I'd love to see more regularly-appearing female Transformers in this show.

16. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    It's already been established Optimus is the head honcho of the Autobots. This isn't like Animated, Elita-One--or anyone else, for that matter--being of higher rank just wouldn't work with what we know.

17. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Sounds a bit like what happens in the second season of Battlestar Galactica!

Oh spunky, you so crazy!

18. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're not the only one. I've always wanted to see more girlbots popping up in Transformers, and with the way Prime has been handling Arcee and Airachnid, it seems like the show to do it.

As an aside, having a female leader of the Autobots would be really cool, just not sure if it can fit with this particular mythology. We're going to need a little more information on what exactly is the Prime rank.

19. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:

20. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

Yeah, same here. I've never really understood why there are so few. I mean, in 1984, people were much more about THIS IS A GIRL SHOW AND THIS IS A BOY SHOW (and girls like me watched everything anyway.) But that's not true now. And there are and always have been characters that clearly look and act masculine and are referred to as "he," so to argue that "TFs having gender is silly" is rather like shaking one's finger at the cat after it's long since fled the bag.