eli stone. Anyone esle watch it?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by rattrap007, Oct 29, 2008.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    anyone else watch this? Great show. If you haven't watched it here is a summary:

Eli Stone is a successful lawyer at a prestigious law firm of Weathersby, Posner & Klein in San Fransisco. All is right. He wins his cases for multi-million dollar companies and is engaged to Mr. Weathersby's daughter, Taylor, who is also a lawyer. But then he hears the music.

Eli starts hearing music. Then it turns into Faith by George Micheal. He is getting busy with with Taylor when he hears the song. It has been following him around all day. He walks into his living room and sees George Michael singing on his coffee table. Eli faints. He goes to see his doctor brother. All seems fine, but they later discover he has a brain anurism. Eli goes to see an acupuncturist. The guy puts on the stereo type asian voice and accent for his clients really talks like a bit of a surfer and is well versed in various religious studies. He thinks Eli is a prophet and the visions are a direct link to a higher power helping lead Eli down a road to greatness. Eli starts doing lots of pro bono cases and helping small clients.

The show is hilarious at times. His visions can be anything from a fire breathing dragon (which leads him to a case suing a Dr. Agon) to the entire law firm sing and dancing a musical number. Eli is the only one who sees these visions so he might be humming along to the music and kind of dancing in place to the dance number. And it cuts back out of his vision and the other people are looking at him like he is insane.

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I watch it, and enjoy it. You forgot to mention that Eli's dad also had the same kind of anurism and had visions because of it too.

3. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Yep, I love the show. Watched all of season 1 when it originally aired. Still haven't started on the 2nd season but I've got all the episodes that have aired saved away to watch when I get the time.

4. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I think it's a great show. I think this season though they're trying to push the envelope with celebrity guest spots, which to me is kind of lame. They should just stick with the actors they have.

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Last season they had George Michael in about 4 episodes. I only saw about 4 celebrity guest stars in the season 2 trailer.

6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Ok so I'm a huge fan of this show. I really am. And when I found out they're not renewing the show anymore, or rather they're not making any more episodes, it means that the show is just done. No series finale, no explanation of anything, just done. What the hell?! Why would they advertise the show so much, get us hooked, and then kill the show?? I hate tv companies.

7. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

needs moar george michael!

(were not talking about the other guy from arrested development right? man that show is stupid.)

8. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I was going to offer my condolensces, but after that unprovoked an unjustified shot, well, now I'm just happy they cancelled the show on ya! :p 

9. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I was a big fan of this show and I was happy to see it make it to a 2nd season but very sad when they didn't want to renew it. It was a breath of fresh air to watch.