Electrostatic Jolt

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by cougarcat13t, Nov 3, 2010.

1. cougarcat13t

cougarcat13t Man In Black!

I picked him up the other day, busted him free of his plastic prison lol and found to my surprise..... :eek: 

He is actually pretty awesome transformer!! I always thought he was gonna suck and just, well be super horrible! But as I messed around with his car mode and bot mode I do say I fell in love with his bug eyed self! lol

Just thought I would toss my 2 cents in on this toy lol :2c: 

Anyone else with me??

btw, if you have Aldi stores in your area check them out they have him, terradive, tomahawk and battle blades BB for $8.99, just a heads up!

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I have the original and like it. I'm definitely passing on the half assed repaint though. If it was a completely different color I may have been into it, especially black.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The ROTF Jolt mold is a fun Transformer. I think it's his intuitive transformation, you could do it blind folded.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Jolt's one of my favorite ROTF molds. I agree, the electrostatic repaint should have been passed over and instead done in a different color with a new head. Sigh, really wish he would get an HA.

5. cougarcat13t

If they did do a HA who would they put with him?? That annoying greasy curly head guy(forgot his name cuz he is a douche)

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

My vote goes to Sam's parents.

And I actually love the Electrostatic repaint. I don't think it's half-assed. It actually improves the figure's robot mode by making a lot of the detail pop.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Leo.

Other good candidates include Galloway, Mr or Mrs Witwicky, Morshower, Graham, Maggie, Glen, Banachek, Keller...

8. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Jolt is a under rated deluxe. There are inaccuracys in how the legs were done. Though it's cool with me since it's almost like the alternators rx-8 legs. What really helps is its a really simple transformation, a uncomplicated gimmick, and the jolts are really well fitted. When ball joints are used there is enough bulk around them to keep things from sliping out of place, and otherwise its just hinges. Dude is built to take playwear.

I'll get the electrostatic version probably. The area is so dry for new deluxes right now I'd probably shove one in my cart with the cooler new molds from that case. Terradive and Tomahawk. Jolt can just ride the wave.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Pics please?

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm a fan of the mold, but the Electrostatic repaint is hardly a repaint at all, so I will be leaving alone.

Really like the original though.

11. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pics?

12. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    Jolt is super solid. Great toy. I just wish he was slightly more accurate to his movie counterpart. As I understand it, his head should look more flat.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The original Jolt was brilliant but it also means that this new version was an easy pass by dint of being so similar. I kinda would've liked to see him in British racing green.

14. cougarcat13t

Very fun TF Higly reccomended!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

hehehe snapped some pics of Jolt with Terradive!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

This one looks okay, but there isn't enough difference from the first Jolt for me to want to get it. Jolt is a very underrated figure though. Too bad, If they would have done him up like that white fast action battler I would have nabbed him in a second. I modded mine and removed the thing behind hs head-much better now with neck articulation.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    They did not paint his fog lamps or the side black parts on the car windows.

I don't like when they make half a part one colour and the rest or the piece another colour such as with his gold & silver legs.

Is his chest less floppy in the repaint?

That was the only thing I really disliked about the original otherwise it was an OK mould.

17. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I dig the original mold. I think Hasbro realized that they had released every other mold a few times and decided to burp up a repaint of Jolt this time around.