Electronics in smaller figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'd be happy if they never put electronics in any TF ever again. I find them useless and cumbersome more than anything, well at least the sound ones. I almost always take out the batteries, unless it's a light thing like MP Prime or Grimlock. Still I would have prefered two normal hands for Grimlock.

Apparently kids arent too fond of them either. Well at least my nephews, they find the constant talking of the bigger figures (while TF'ing them) to be annoying and will play with other figures more often than not because of it.

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Ironically, some of the more popular deluxe customs feature electronics.

3. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    the laser rods light up engines they are smallest i know of and there deluxe size oh god remake them into classics line at least one

4. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i think light up eyes would be cool, but i think with the standard led piping we have now is sufficient enough. doesn't really affect transformation and we don't have to worry about batteries. the sounds on the other hand i could live without. i'm not really into the sirens, or laser beam sounds. what i do like though, is the voices. ie. ultra magnus and megatron from animated. i liked that, especially megatrons hahaha. it would be interesting if they could cram voices in deluxe figures, but that might only spike up the pricing. those tron light up figures go for 15 a pop at target last i saw.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    RotF leader Jetfire wishes you were the one to make that decision. I also agree with you. :) 

Emphasis on cost is mine. I think you're right. I'd prefer the budget be put to use on paint applications or something else to enhance a toy.

6. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Nah, I prefer HasTak to focus on details, not space and time consuming electronics.

7. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I wouldn't really want that in smaller figures. I do sometimes wish the light-piping in certain deluxes wasn't painted over at times, though.