Customs: ElecTRONics Help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Pepsiman98, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

I recently bought a TRON: Legacy Deluxe Lightcycle (Sam Flynn flavor) and am planning on turning it into Rinzler's Lightcycle. I am going to get the Rinzler core figure, and from there determine what clear and normal paints to use. When lit up, the translucent plastic looks similar in color to the paint used on the regular plastic. My dillemma is that it only lights up for a few seconds, when I need it to light up longer so I can compare paint colors to make sure the paint on the translucent and regular plastics match.

End of line.

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    connect the wires to a watch battery.

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats a toughie. I'd crack the guy open and try to bypass the circuit board, I dunno, what fishdirt said could work well.
    Everytime I do things electrical, I have to ask for some friends help. My mind is way more mechanical. I have to think of electricity like water flowing through a pipe to make sense. :) 

Randy!

4. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah my way is how those graphitti lights work. Also good for testing lights at radio shack.

IF there is no circuit board then you have a blink led and may need to hit the shack for a constant on led (or buy one of those cheap led flashlights).

As far as circuit boards I don't know what to do to adjust those.

FYI a wealth of LED info is at instructables.com