Either these guys are cheaters or they have A LOT of free time

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Yesterday I came across a guy - maybe two all at Prime Mode. That's fair. WHat was strange was that they also got their most of their classes back to lv 25 also. Are they that good? Because in the game they didn't seem that good. I did better than one.

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    You don't have to be good to grind out anything. All you need is the time.

Its no different to the halo 3 and Modern Warefare 2 players.

Just becuase someone has something you want doesn't make them always a cheater.

3. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I don't think they're cheating but I just find it amazing that they've not just achieved Prime Mode but are also back to lv 25.

4. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Yeah, getting back to 25 already does sound iffy.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

It was pretty easy this weekend to ding out a character, I was getting a level per match, win or lose. If you're dedicated there's no reason at all why you couldn't do that in the Friday/Saturday period. If all you did was play then sure, I can see it happening.

6. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I played for six hours straight on Friday night alone and I didn't get all of mine to 25. That was some serious playing just to get them to where they are, let alone do it twice for all classes.

7. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Keep in mind that some of us have had the game for well over two weeks now. I got the game almost a week early and in one of my first matches (well before release) I came across a guy with two level 15-17 characters. There are also plenty of people who have nothing but time on their hands, myself included. I have all characters to level 25 except for my scout, and I missed out on most of this weekend's double XP. Had I more time this weekend, I guarantee that I would have easily reached Prime Mode and probably would have most of my characters back to level 10 at least.

8. McBradders

Also, this forum is butthurt topic after butthurt topic. Guys, its just a game. Get some fresh air or something :/

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's with all the "cheater" threads of late:confused:  Being good at a game doesn't =/=cheater... Some people are just godly when it comes to game, while the rest of us are mediocre at best—surely you came across one or two while playing multiplayer; I know I have.

10. McBradders

Love for subject matter should be equal to skill, right? :lol 

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the past weekend was a easy time to grind (sadly I had work)

I figured if you get 4 people (2 each side) go to a conquest game and just capture one point over and over again you could get about 500 xp a minute (faster if you have a larger team) if you change the time limit you could buff up all the classes in no time

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be great. I'm still working on it. I get killed more than I kill in the game, but I do manage to get lots of assits, and I can be happy with that :D 

13. McBradders

I keep coming tops for kills (as a scientist :lol  ) and still haven't got MVP for a game. How you get more points than me bro?

All I do is scoot between capture points and get caps and kill dudes who try and stop me :( 

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my MVP in a death match game I dont know if that was a factor.

15. McBradders

No clue. I'll boost that one if I'm still missing it come grabbing all the other points in the game. I was the top player on my team a couple times and didn't get squat.

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i got mvp as a soldier in conquest this weekend, clearing the conquest nodes with whirlwind made it easy to get

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One node or all nodes?

I thought MVP had more to do with helping your team out, aiding them in combat or giving them life more than racking up a mean looking kill streak, but this is one difficult bronze trophy, much harder than the only gold trophy or several of the silvers:crazy: 

18. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I got it quite easily, shame its not popping for others.

At the end of a game, you get a score, the one with the top score gets the trophy/achievement. All I did was play Conquest and had the most kills and node captures.

19. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Remember those topics about people just doing Conquest and not killing each other, they just trade nodes back and forth for lots of experience?

Those are the people you're encountering. Because they didn't fight their way to the levels they're at, they don't have actual game experience and aren't that much of a challenge. It's why you shouldn't make such a big deal about people that trade nodes.

20. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

I've only run into one player who consistently beat me in all my time playing so far. He always played as leader class and he averaged about 25 kills per match. And he definitely was not cheating. Once I realized that he was single handedly obliterating my team I switched to scout and specifically went after only him....it interrupted his killstreaks and allowed our team to be competitive again, but my kill/death ratio was in the toilet since I was so focused on just the one player. And he got on mic and was piiiiiiiiiiiissed.

Of note....neither of us had a character over level 15. Some people just grew up on shooters and do things that seem ridiculous to other players. I'm ok at this game, for example, but god forbid you play me in counterstrike, a game I poured 4 years of my online gaming life into.

Another of my friends has put countless hours into the online component of Gears of War, and he was able to pick this game up and be competitive with me within just a few rounds....I think some of the super elite players probably are Gears veterans. Apart from the quick movement afforded by transforming, the two games' play styles are very very similar.